Football game vs SMU moved to Friday night

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Feb 13, 2018.

1. TCU's scheduled Saturday, Sept. 8, football game at SMU has been moved to Friday night, Sept. 7.

The kickoff time and TV network will be announced later.

The Horned Frogs will face SMU on a Friday nightfor the third time in their last five trips to Dallas. TCU won 41-24 in 2010 and 33-3 in 2016, both on Friday evenings.

The Horned Frogs return 11 starters, including six on defense, next season.

TCU opens the 2018 campaign with a Sept. 1home game versus Southern. After facing SMU, the Horned Frogs will play Ohio State Sept. 15 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

TCU is one of just five programs nationally to finish in the top 10 in at least three of the last four years (2014, 2015, 2017). In 17 seasons under head coach Gary Patterson, TCU has posted seven top-10 finishes and 11 in the top 25.

In 2017, TCU reached the 11-win mark for the ninth time in the last 13 seasons and 10th time in 15 years.

2. Above copy from Mark Cohen.

3. I hate it, but one extra day to prepare for Ohio State is good

4. One extra day for Ohio State. I’m fine with it as long as we win

5. I have no problem with this.

6. No problem with this. It has worked out the last couple times we have done this.

7. Froginbedford likes this.
  8. Guaranteed night game. Extra day to prepare for the buckeyes. I'll take it.

9. Thankfully there is no traffic in Dallas on a Friday between 5-7.

10. Do we play away games at SMU on Friday nights because they are in the UIL?

11. #12 TopFrog, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    I hate SMU High School.

Salfrog likes this.
  12. I saw we beat them 10 more times in a row to secure the longest win streak in the series and then consider dropping them.

Salfrog and H0RNEDFR0GBLITZ like this.
  13. For the first time EVER this actually works for me. Incredible.

TopFrog likes this.
  14. You mean when SMU was a member of the NFC East?

15. Pre-Game at the Stoneleigh P (my office downstairs). Starts at 4:00.

Post-Game at Campisi's.

Times adjust depending on start time, weather, and the half-time score.

Please Lord, let the Mighty Hornedfrogs not fall for the trick plays of the Southern Methodists yet again.

16. I appreciate your post. I used to work at 1 Bell Plaza. But, suggest the following.
    Pre-game The Lodge
    Post Game - on the way back to Fort Worth - Baby Dolls on 157.
    Drunk out of your mind - Benito's

17. Parking sucks at the High School Stadium on the Hilltop.

18. Makes it tough for us out of towners. Oh well. Take Friday off and kick the ponys in their balls.

19. Who knew you were clairvoyant?!