• The KillerFrogs

Final 2018 AP Top 25

matmoo123

Now that we are one of the big boys, where do I go to get my big boy gear? Also, please provide pictures of big boys wearing big boy gear so I can be sure I am doing it right.
You typically see this type of big boy shirts and gear at Walmart or other fine retailers. In the T-Shirt fan section.

Sebastian S

It's worse than that. It'd be like the Patriots getting six 1st rounders every year, like the 1st, 6th, 10th, 18th, 22nd, and 16th picks......virtually every single year.
True but after thinking about it, if the pros were like college, the patriots would only have the likes of tom brady a maximum of 4 seasons?

But I guess they offset each other by Bama getting all the elite talent year in and year out.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
In the

Just looking at the several decades of TCU football:

Gary Patterson’s teams have averaged 9 wins and 3 losses (if I didn’t mess up) since he took over. In the 30 years prior we were averaging 6-6. Which is actually better than I would have guessed. Take into account we have also gone from 10 to 11 to 12 game schedules in that time frame too.

Big Frog II

It's all about scheme. Their defense wasn't good against deep balls or pound the rock teams. We had neither. They were, however, fast and able to cover spread teams pretty well. Once we lost Anderson, we just didn't match up well with them at all, and even less so once we got behind early.
Losing Anderson really hurt.
In the

Just looking at the several decades of TCU football:

Gary Patterson’s teams have averaged 9 wins and 3 losses (if I didn’t mess up) since he took over. In the 30 years prior we were averaging 6-6. Which is actually better than I would have guessed. Take into account we have also gone from 10 to 11 to 12 game schedules in that time frame too.
I don't believe we averaged 6-6 the 30 years prior to Gary. Might want to check that.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Losing Anderson really hurt.

I don't believe we averaged 6-6 the 30 years prior to Gary. Might want to check that.
Feel free to check it. I was to surprised too and may have erred. Lots of time on my hands but not enough to redo the the math. The actual non rounded numbers were 5.8 and 6.2.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I agree with your comment and the AP voters did not drop us very far after losing to OU in the title game. Problem is the Committee dropped us behind the teams we ended up finishing in front of and kept us out of a NY6 game. As much as I used to rail against the AP Poll in the past they seem to get it. The Committee is another beast all together.

Problem with the NY6 or Top 12 ranking is the inequity built into conference scheduling. Top teams in the ACC, Big Ten ans SEC most of the time will have fewer losses because they don't play each other. ACC and SEC get another bonus by only playing 8 conference games. During the game last night the question came up on the last time Bama played Georgia in conference. The simple answer is they only play every 6 years. Pretty lame and pretty genius if you want to get 2 teams in. Georgia and Bama are going to be doing the conference championship dance a lot in the future and it will be a playoff play-in game. Hopefully they both don't show up undefeated and the loser gets in as well. OU could have done the Big 12 a solid by winning the Rose Bowl.
My theory is that once the committee left the PAC and Big out of the playoff there was negotiating that went on. No playoff for PAC but two teams in NY6. No playoff for Big 10 but three NY6. Which left Big 12 in the playoff but out of NY6. PAC and Big 12 basically equivalent. Big 10 on board because of revenue from three in.

That's my theory. I'm running with it.