• The KillerFrogs

Filter discussion - *caution: language

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Wes has asked us several times to start a poll to determine filters for bad words, instead of griping in various threads. I don't know how to set up a poll, so I'm just going to make a list and anyone who cares to, can discuss, propose different words, add to the list, etc. If you don't think it is important enough to join in the discussion, then don't [Kim Mulkey] about the words Wes uses.

fu.. - [darn]
sh.. - [boat]
d..k/c..k - [popsicle]
g..d.m. - [dang]
pus.. - [meow]
cu.. - [no, no!]
coc.s..ker - [shame on me]
bi..h - [Kim Mulkey]
a..h.le - [Art Briles]
do.che/b.g - [Mixon]
bas...d - [ne'er-do-well]
bul.s..t - [Mac Engle]

That's the best I can do at this point.

Frog-in-law1995

I vote that every cuss word be replaced by its first and last letters, with the appropriate number of underscores in between. Simple, not confusing, and protective of those who don't wish to see profanity. And it will actually lead to less thinking about profanity. As it stands now, whenever someone says the cuss word "s__t" it filters to Orgeron. So whether a person is saying "s__t" or "Orgeron," I think about s__t.

We need to keep some standards of decency here, regardless of the crudity that is currently accepted in some quarters. Along with the Athletic Department, KFC is also a front porch of the University and I, for one, hope we can keep our front porch clean and inviting to everyone.

Maybe the profile preferences will work for the folks who get off on seeing dirty words.

GeoFrog

Can we find a filter for "Cheers"? Every time I hear it I think about when I used to get in arguments with this geologist from BP and when you got'em, he just end the conversation with "Cheers" and walk off. Basically telling me to scheiss off. Now every time I hear it, whether someone is being sincere or not, I find it very pompous and condescending. Maybe filter it with "Talley-Ho." or something

Bob Sugar

Please don't filter 'EAD'

Saying that to trolls is a favorite pastime of mine.
Just filter it with this:
giphy.gif