Feisty How about the Canadians!

frogbyproxy

http://www.college-sports-advantage.com/

Featured Athlete

Mitchell Piasecki, Football

Position: Full Back / Tight End

2011 High School Graduate

Home Town: Winnipeg, MB. Interested NCAA Universities:
# 4 Ranked TCU, Syracuse, Cal-Berkley, Iowa State, UCLA, UConn (University of Connecticut), University of Minnesota, and many more!

Position: Place Kicker / Punter

Interesting I had not heard we were looking into the canadian market.

West Coast Johnny

Don't forget about Travis Eman, a Canadian who played QB in New York state. He supposedly got an offer from TCU. He's the Sasquach of HS quarterbacks - I'm not sure either really exist.

sous vide

QUOTE(frogbyproxy @ Jul 14 2010, 10:09 AM) [snapback]597187[/snapback]
http://www.college-sports-advantage.com/

Featured Athlete

Position: Full Back / Tight End

2011 High School Graduate

Home Town: Winnipeg, MB. Interested NCAA Universities:
# 4 Ranked TCU, Syracuse, Cal-Berkley, Iowa State, UCLA, UConn (University of Connecticut), University of Minnesota, and many more!

Position: Place Kicker / Punter

Interesting I had not heard we were looking into the canadian market.

There is some high school and college football in Canada, but it's pretty small. They play Canadian rules at the hs level as well, so passing is more of a necessity (only three downs and a much bigger field). Not too many ever get to D1 that I've heard of.

Same with baseball, but once in a while there's a phenom or something close to that level...Rich Harden, for example. Jeff Zimmerman who played at TCU was also pretty good for a while some years ago with a just over 3 ERA for the Rangers.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jul 14 2010, 10:03 AM) [snapback]597243[/snapback]
There is some high school and college football in Canada, but it's pretty small. They play Canadian rules at the hs level as well, so passing is more of a necessity (only three downs and a much bigger field). Not too many ever get to D1 that I've heard of.

Same with baseball, but once in a while there's a phenom or something close to that level...Rich Harden, for example. Jeff Zimmerman who played at TCU was also pretty good for a while some years ago with a just over 3 ERA for the Rangers.

Jason Bay, Russell Martin, Justin Morneau and Joey Votto are all from Canada.

oldscribe

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jul 14 2010, 10:28 AM) [snapback]597269[/snapback]
eh.

And then there's Canadian Club. And did anyone notice....Piasecki sounds more like a helicopter. :rolleyes:

frogbyproxy

If there are good players in Canada I'm pretty sure we would go after them. But my biggest question "are we really going after these kids or is this a company taking money from the families and not producing what they are saying". If so I think TCU would be interested in getting rid of companies like this. "false advertisement".

frogbyproxy

Needless to say I brought up Mitchell a couple of months ago. I wondered if it was true we were after the kid or if this was another way to make money off recruiting kids. It seems the service did a disservice to him and he ended up as a walk on for Syracuse. I hope the NCAA does make changes in recruiting getting rid of street agents and businesses like this one promising scholarships just to make a buck.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/8/16/2367328/syracuse-football-get-to-know-your-orange-man-20-mitchell-piasecki