• The KillerFrogs

Favorite moments from 1st five years in B12?

ScottPatrick

TCU formerly entered the B12 on July 1, 2012 so what has been your most favorite moments?

Overall:
Facility improvements

Football:
Winning B12, kicking UT's ass, whooping up on MissSt, Tech beatdown, BU beatdown

Basketball:
Coach Dixon
Beating KU
Recent recruiting

Baseball:
4 straight CWS appearances
Conference championships

Other:
Tennis going through a great resurgence

MTfrog5

The Peach Bowl. Never seen such total domination, particularly on defense.
Only two games that come close to me was the Northern Illinois game when Garrett Wolfe was supposed to run all over our defense and one of the Louisville games in maybe 2002 or 2003 where it felt like we blitzed every play. Obviously none of those are close to the stage that the Peach Bowl was

Frog DJ

I agree with Big Frog II.

Just confirming TCU deserves to be in a P5 conference erases a lot of the pain we old-timers felt when the BigXII realigned.

Of course, many will correctly point out TCU needed that wake up call in order to recommit itself to the athletic program, but the satisfaction that accompanies all the accomplishments listed above ranks highest for me.

I can distinctly remember dreaming about TCU simply being part of the BigXII, and now my alma mater is a high-profile program with strong national reputation.

I'll be forever thankful to the the people who made it all possible. I only wish my dad had lived long enough to see for himself - he was a die-hard TCU supporter.

Go Frogs!

Bob

Beating UT in everything this year is a close second to 4 straight CWS trips with winning the NIT and the Peach Bowl tied for third
Isn't UT the school who's mascot is a poor bull that has had his nuts cut-off? Wait until Rachael Ray and Bob Barker hear about that. They will insist that UT have only non-neutered Longhorns as their mascot. Since a fully intact Longhorn Bull would be untrainable, UT would then be forced to have a Longhorn Cow as their mascot. Teats and all.

yurintroubl

Besides the ones already mentioned:

- Watching the Frogs dismantle WVU at AGC (the Holgo High-5 game) - Where happy childhood memories and current happy memories came together. My parents went to WVU and I grew up watching Mountaineer football. Boykin looked A LOT like Major Harris in that game.

- As a former player - I was very happy to see the TCU Soccer team get it's first-ever post-season tournament invite this past year.

ETA:

For those unfamiliar with Major Harris - Here's just one play of many memorable ones...

Last edited:

Zubaz

2012: Baylor beatdown, WVU miracle, beating UT.

2013: uh.....I dunno, returning an SMU onsides kick for a touchdown maybe? That's about it.

2014: Pretty much all of it outside of one kick in Waco.

2015: So many classics. Comeback at KSU, beating down UT, Baylor in the sleet, the Alamo bowl.

2016: Destroying Baylor in the #CAB game, beating UT, getting Charlie Strong fired.

Nick Danger

Isn't UT the school who's mascot is a poor bull that has had his nuts cut-off? Wait until Rachael Ray and Bob Barker hear about that. They will insist that UT have only non-neutered Longhorns as their mascot. Since a fully intact Longhorn Bull would be untrainable, UT would then be forced to have a Longhorn Cow as their mascot. Teats and all.
I think you're mistaking Bob Barker for someone else. He's a strong proponent of always having your pets "spayed or neutered" (he always said that at the end of each and every show).

Last edited:

Purp

I'd say the Peach Bowl and beating Baylor on the freezing rain night are 1a and 1b for me. That Baylor game was miserable and wet, but after Ty got the stop on 4th down I thought the weather was perfect. Knowing Baylor fans had to freeze their arses back to their cars in misery made it that much better. Darn those jokers.

The Alamo Bowl was great, but that was a far less meaningful bowl game than the Peach and we had more to prove in Atlanta and we proved it all unequivocally.