• The KillerFrogs

Fanrag: Josh Parrish to transfer from TCU to Rice

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I still don't get why this bothers anyone. Sure TCU is in Fort Worth but they are in the Fort Worth-Dallas area and most people nationally know Dallas. It's common to put the whole DFW area under the word Dallas. TCU associated with Dallas is a good thing, not a bad thing. TCU being the team of the DFW metroplex is what TCU needs to be known for. I strongly disagree in separating TCU/Fort Worth from the whole metroplex. Dumb dumb dumb. One of the big advantages/significance of TCU is the Fort Worth-Dallas metroplex.

Because it is stupid and lazy writing. They are not twin cities. They are distinct, separate cities, 30 miles apart, with large and small cities between them. If you want to say DFW, then fine, but not just Dallas. That is inaccurate. I can't imagine anywhere else this kind of mistake is made as often. (Even most have quit calling Arlington Dallas now).

Wow! Never saw a post I disagreed with more than this. And can't help but notice that you say "the Fort Worth-Dallas" metroplex. Shouldn't Dallas come first, in your thinking?

I posted Fort Worth - Dallas because a lot of you are girls and have complained when I have written Dallas first. I am trying to accommodate. In this case writing just Dallas was lazy writing and should of been just Fort Worth. But I disagree on getting upset at every article or TV blurb that mentions TCU with Dallas. I think it's an advantage for TCU to be thought of the P5 team of DFW. When it's time for Big 12 to break up I guarantee you guys are going to be claiming TCU's advantage is the metroplex not just Fort Worth. Baylor has no problem claiming they are in Dallas or next to Dallas. Most of the time when writers put TCU with Dallas they do so because Dallas is more well known nationally and not Fort Worth. Not really a big deal.

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

I still don't get why this bothers anyone. Sure TCU is in Fort Worth but they are in the Fort Worth-Dallas area and most people nationally know Dallas. It's common to put the whole DFW area under the word Dallas. TCU associated with Dallas is a good thing, not a bad thing. TCU being the team of the DFW metroplex is what TCU needs to be known for. I strongly disagree in separating TCU/Fort Worth from the whole metroplex. Dumb dumb dumb. One of the big advantages/significance of TCU is the Fort Worth-Dallas metroplex.
OU Oklahoma City
Arizona State Phoenix
KU Kansas City
ALABAMA Birmingham
Michigan Detroit
SMU Fort Worth
TCU Dallas

All Wrong

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Click the link.

He currently lives in Manhattan.

Well, that's good. When I emailed him, I pointed out that Fort Worth and Dallas are further apart than Manhattan and Newark, and about the same distance as Hartford and New Haven. So I guess he got the point.

Brog

I posted Fort Worth - Dallas because a lot of you are girls and have complained when I have written Dallas first. I am trying to accommodate. In this case writing just Dallas was lazy writing and should of been just Fort Worth. But I disagree on getting upset at every article or TV blurb that mentions TCU with Dallas. I think it's an advantage for TCU to be thought of the P5 team of DFW. When it's time for Big 12 to break up I guarantee you guys are going to be claiming TCU's advantage is the metroplex not just Fort Worth. Baylor has no problem claiming they are in Dallas or next to Dallas. Most of the time when writers put TCU with Dallas they do so because Dallas is more well known nationally and not Fort Worth. Not really a big deal.

1) If TCU's advantage is the Metroplex, then SAY the Metroplex, not Dallas.
2) Must say, however stupid Baylor is, I've never seen them claim they are in Dallas.

StigFrog

Frustrating that the 16th largest city in the country is so often lumped in with or assumed to be the same as the 9th largest city in the country. (7/1/15 Census estimate) I have no problem with DFW. AT&t Stadium is in Arlington, not Dallas. TCU is in Fort Worth.