• The KillerFrogs

Fanrag: Josh Parrish to transfer from TCU to Rice

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
CGV_0330172970_Georgia_Tech_TCU.jpg

Fanrag: Josh Parrish to transfer from TCU to Rice

By Jon Rothstein

Josh Parrish will depart from TCU after one season in Dallas, but he won’t be leaving his home state. After declaring his intentions to transfer earlier this month, Parrish selected Rice as his next collegiate destination, a source tells FanRag Sports.

The sophomore-to-be will have a year to develop in Rice’s program, with NCAA rules mandating the 6-foot-5 guard to sit out a season before becoming eligible to help the Owls in games. It’s likely Parrish will stand a better chance of contributing with the Owls than he did during his season with the Horned Frogs.

Operating as an end-of-the-bench player, Parrish averaged 0.8 points per game and played in just four minutes per contest. This news also comes after older brother Brandon Parrish, who set the TCU record for games played with 136, exhausted his eligibility.

Read more at https://www.fanragsports.com/news/rothstein-josh-parrish-transfer-tcu-rice/

After one season in Dallas??? Does not compute.

I still don't get why this bothers anyone. Sure TCU is in Fort Worth but they are in the Fort Worth-Dallas area and most people nationally know Dallas. It's common to put the whole DFW area under the word Dallas. TCU associated with Dallas is a good thing, not a bad thing. TCU being the team of the DFW metroplex is what TCU needs to be known for. I strongly disagree in separating TCU/Fort Worth from the whole metroplex. Dumb dumb dumb. One of the big advantages/significance of TCU is the Fort Worth-Dallas metroplex.

Last edited:

jake102

I still don't get why this bothers anyone. Sure TCU is in Fort Worth but they are in the Fort Worth-Dallas area and most people nationally know Dallas. It's common to put the whole DFW area under the word Dallas. TCU associated with Dallas is a good thing, not a bad thing. TCU being the team of the DFW metroplex is what TCU needs to be known for. I strongly disagree in separating TCU/Fort Worth from the whole metroplex. Dumb dumb dumb. One of the big advantages/significance of TCU is the Fort Worth-Dallas metroplex.

I am fine with DFW or Fort Worth, but not Dallas standalone. It's pretty simple

Brog

Wow! Never saw a post I disagreed with more than this. And can't help but notice that you say "the Fort Worth-Dallas" metroplex. Shouldn't Dallas come first, in your thinking?

Double V

I'm not bothered by an association with Dallas or commentators placing TCU in the Dallas area, but to write a story about a TCU player transferring after playing "one year in Dallas" is just bad reporting.