• The KillerFrogs

Experience The Nightmare of Exiting Lot #3

What genius concocted the current post-game plan for exiting Lot #3? In past seasons exiting

this lot was a walk in the park. Then someone decided to initiate this burdensome adventure.

The Fort Worth Police would be considered the most likely culprits.

RufeBruton

Ditto for getting out of Alice B Carlson Elementary Lot. All the cross streets (McPherson and Park Hill) have been parking lots for an hour or two.

Borat Sagdiyev

It's 100% on the City of FW. They only control the traffic to a certain point going away from the stadium. TCU has tried to get them to go further out, but they just won't do it. If there is a close game, it takes 2+ hours to get out of there. Last year the Tech and Arkansas games were brutal, and this year so far it has been WV and Texas.

Frog DJ

A cop told one motorist exiting Lot #1 to stop for pedestrians, and the driver stuck his head out the window of his SUV and said, "But I'm trying to keep up with my friend in the car ahead of me."

The policeman responded, "Send him a Christmas card."

This is exactly why we park in the Westcliff neighborhood, and walk the extra distance.

We simply get in the car and drive away...

Go Frogs!

cheese83

A cop told one motorist exiting Lot #1 to stop for pedestrians, and the driver stuck his head out the window of his SUV and said, "But I'm trying to keep up with my friend in the car ahead of me."

This is exactly why we park in the Westcliff neighborhood, and walk the extra distance.

Go Frogs!

That's a pretty funny reply. So just because he is trying to keep up with his friend the cop should let him by before letting everyone cross?

Our stadium is in the middle of a small suburb, traffic is always going to be a mess. Like Frog DJ said if you are that worried about getting out quickly park somewhere else or just hang in the lot and let it die down.

TCUdirtbag

Go Frogs!

Sounds about right. They don’t even try to be friendly. There is definitely an animosity toward TCU and football games in particular from FWPD officials.

It was a nascar weekend too, so to be fair a lot of them had to be up early Saturday to handle that. Typical understaffing having a negative effect on the quality of the policing.

Frogenstein

I’ve parked in lot 3 since the stadium redo and this year it has been better leaving the lot than any of the prior seasons. I think making lot 4 use Highview Terrace while lot 3 uses Boyd and having the parking lot attendant use both exit gates has helped. No, it is not perfect but I don’t know what else they can do aside from not letting people park in yards. And no, I don’t leave early, in fact I always stay until after the alma mater.

TCURiggs

Sounds about right. They don’t even try to be friendly. There is definitely an animosity toward TCU and football games in particular from FWPD officials.

It was a nascar weekend too, so to be fair a lot of them had to be up early Saturday to handle that. Typical understaffing having a negative effect on the quality of the policing.

Yep. I ran across an arsehole directing traffic at Lot 5. I always get out there and plant my truck at a buddy's house when the gates open, then my wife brings the kids to park in our spot in Lot 5 a little closer to game time. I walked up there to meet them, per usual, and noticed that they had the entrance blocked off to Northbound traffic turning into Lot 5 off Stadium (the main entrance to that lot). I politely asked the cop in the street, "excuse me, sir, my wife is about to be to the lot and is she not going to be able to turn in here like she normally does?" Without telling me why it was blocked off this week, or where she should go, he just hits me with "Nope. It's been like this every game this year. I've been here for every one of them." That's complete bullship, as I literally meet her there as she pulls into that entrance every week. He couldn't have been more of a prick about it, so we then exchanged a few words. She ended up having to go turn around in the neighborhood North of Lot 5 off Stadium, which took another 30-40 minutes. That dude sucked.

Frog-in-law1995

I enjoyed watching it while drinking.

Hey...just kick your feet up and tailgate a little longer. That's what we did.

Seriously, we sat and drank one or two, then there was no line at all to leave.

Apparently, though, the Uber/Lyft situation on Cantey is completely messing up everything over there. The car services have taken over and their drivers are all lining up on the southbound side of Wabash from Cantey, when coupled with the legal street parking along the northbound side, basically shuts Wabash down. And they’re also lining up on westbound Cantey, blocking the exits from the UCC lot where we have a couple of spots. My wife was furious at how long it took to leave the other night. Truthfully, though, she was probably more upset I had the lot 3 pass and sat there drinking.

Last edited:

calisuperfrog

I park in 3 as well and have been waiting it out. It's bad. I thought the parking garage was primarily to blame (so many more cars). Are the other lots just as bad? LOT 1/2 are the suites/major donors, but after that, the pricing/points are about the same from what I understand.

NavyFrog

That is why our tailgate is the last to leave lot 7. Too much traffic and too many pedestrians. Better to sit and drink beer and watch the late games.

I park in 3 as well and have been waiting it out. It's bad. I thought the parking garage was primarily to blame (so many more cars). Are the other lots just as bad? LOT 1/2 are the suites/major donors, but after that, the pricing/points are about the same from what I understand.
Took us 35-40 minutes to get from lot 1/2 to Bellaire

tcumaniac

Someone let me borrow their parking pass for a game a few seasons ago in the parking garage, and leaving campus was one of the most miserable driving experiences of my life. It wasn't even a big game, and lots of people had left early. Getting out of the garage wasn't even the problem. It took over an hour just to get on University heading north towards I30

Swore to never use a parking pass again. I much prefer parking for free on the East side of University behind the business school and enjoying my 15 minute walk through our beautiful campus versus sitting in my car and not moving for 2+ hours.

Frog92

Was in Lot 6 for 10 years and last year moved to Lot 3. Mistake. Getting out of the Arkansas game was enough for me. Moved right back to Lot 6 this year. If you are headed northeast, Lot 6 or 7 is by far superior. Takes all of 10 minutes to be well on your way (and yes I always stay to the end of the game!)

Having to feed through the neighborhoods is the problem and a fatality waiting to happen. But there really isn't another good option.