• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: TCU takes four-star from Stanford

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN: TCU takes four-star from Stanford

According to Rivals.com, four-star wide receiver Deante' Gray (Houston/Westlake) has decommitted from the Cardinal and is on board with TCU. He made an official visit to campus this weekend and received a scholarship offer from the Horned Frogs.

Gray, who originally picked Stanford in June, was also offered by Arizona, Colorado, Tulsa, Oregon State, Vanderbilt, Baylor, Rice, Houston, Utah, West Virginia and SMU.

The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Gray was impressive on the combine circuit prior to his senior year posting a 4.5 40-yard dash, 4.35 20-yard shuttle and 32.8-inch vertical.

Picking up Gray lessens the blow of ESPNU 150 athlete Daje Johnson's (Pflugerville, Texas/Hendrickson) recent switch to Texas.

To continue reading this article you must be an Insider.

http://insider.espn....ost%3fid%3d8094

Planks

Gray has a faster "playing speed" than 4.5 I'm sure. Some guys just play faster than they time, plain and simple. Jeremy only ran a 4.61, but everyone still considered him fast.

Hunt Together

Honestly looks like he plays faster than Daje in the videos I've seen. Daje got ran down from behind several times, but this kid outruns defenders with the angle a lot in his video. I think this guy has a ton of potential.

angelo's frog

It will be interesting to see in 3-4 years whether Gray is better than Daje. Recruiting is such a crap shoot anyway. Gray could turn out to be an all Big 12 player and Daje could flame out and wind up transferring to Sam or SFA like a bunch of Texas kids do.