• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: LaDainian Tomlinson says he'll go into Hall of Fame as a San Diego Charger

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
i

ESPN: LaDainian Tomlinson says he'll go into Hall of Fame as a San Diego Charger

Eric D. Williams
ESPN Staff Writer

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Even though he took a job with the franchise to help transition the Los Angeles Chargers from San Diego to L.A., running back LaDainian Tomlinson says he’ll go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a San Diego Charger.

“I’m going in as a San Diego Charger because that’s who I played for,” Tomlinson said during a conference call with reporters this week. “And I recognize that you cannot erase the history of 56 years in San Diego.

“I do recognize that. However, I do realize that I now work for Dean Spanos and the L.A. Chargers, and so there’s no conflict there. I know who I played for, but now in my retirement I now work for the L.A. Chargers. In my mind they’re the Chargers. To me it’s always been about the lightning bolt. And that’s my thought about any conflict or whatnot.”

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/blog/los-ange...ell-go-into-hall-of-fame-as-san-diego-charger