• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They'll slowly look to monetize everything. The aggravating part to me is that not only will they require you to pay to watch, they'll leave in the crass and annoying advertising.

Screw 'em.

tcudoc

I am definitely among the 24%
I watched the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl because it was on at the gym while I was working out. That is more NFL than I have watched in the past 5 years. I quit in my mind when Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. I hung around for a couple years after that because I was a big Troy Aikman/Emmit Smith/Michael Irvin fan. Once they were gone, I have not watched an entire NFL game since and probably watch maybe 2 hours of NFL per season (usually if I am channel surfing and see Andy Dalton playing or something like that). There was a time when I was a huge consumer of NFL games. I rarely missed them.

The only way they will get me back is if a few things were to happen:
-players stayed with teams for longer than a couple of years
-players stopped their thuggish/criminal behavior
-Jerry Jones sold the Cowboys

FBallFan123

Bloomberg said:
Fans will be able to watch about 250 out-of-market games a year, meaning they won’t be able to see their home teams. The accord doesn’t impact ESPN’s regularly scheduled televised soccer matches, which won’t be on the web service.

Bloomberg said:
The MLS Live service was priced at $79 a year, while the new ESPN streaming product will be $5 a month, or $60 annually.

Bloomberg said:
ESPN+ will debut this spring, likely after the March 3 start of the soccer season, so matches will be available for free on MLSsoccer.com until the new service is available, according to one of the people.

I watched the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl because it was on at the gym while I was working out. That is more NFL than I have watched in the past 5 years. I quit in my mind when Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. I hung around for a couple years after that because I was a big Troy Aikman/Emmit Smith/Michael Irvin fan. Once they were gone, I have not watched an entire NFL game since and probably watch maybe 2 hours of NFL per season (usually if I am channel surfing and see Andy Dalton playing or something like that). There was a time when I was a huge consumer of NFL games. I rarely missed them.

The only way they will get me back is if a few things were to happen:
-players stayed with teams for longer than a couple of years
-players stopped their thuggish/criminal behavior
-Jerry Jones sold the Cowboys
This!

FBallFan123

It is a good move for everyone at ESPN. The SC6 was not doing well. Also, she wanted to focus on writing about political and social issues, too. She is a MSU alum and wrote about the scandal in her first article. And, she can tweet about whatever she wants to now. No one - except the President - will follow her any way.

It won't make a difference with me about SC6. I rarely watch TV at that time unless the Frogs are on, but some people might give it another try now that she is gone.

An update on SC6...

HFrog1999

I miss the old days of them just replaying the same SC over and over and over again.

DiscreteDistantCormorant-max-1mb.gif

Frog DJ

I must admit I didn’t “get” this twist on SC.

Maybe the super silly promos they ran in the lead-up to its debut biased me against it, or perhaps I just didn’t enjoy the chemistry between the two anchors.

It certainly didn’t have anything to do with their sports knowledge, since I sincerely respect their individual talents, but in the end it just didn’t appeal to me.

Obviously, ESPN is struggling to identify and the “Boomer Magic” they need to recapture SC’s former glory.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

JAM: Did your cocaine use ever get in the way of your work?

Skipper: Never. At ESPN I did not use at work, nor with anyone at work, or with anyone I did business with. I never allowed it to interfere with my work, other than a missed plane and a few canceled morning appointments. I’ve never been a daily user. My use over the past two decades has, in fact, been quite infrequent. I judge that I did a very good job and that it did not get in the way of my work. I worked hard, I worked smart. I worked all the time.

Frog-in-law1995

Skipper: Never. At ESPN I did not use at work, nor with anyone at work, or with anyone I did business with. I never allowed it to interfere with my work, other than a missed plane and a few canceled morning appointments. I’ve never been a daily user. My use over the past two decades has, in fact, been quite infrequent. I judge that I did a very good job and that it did not get in the way of my work. I worked hard, I worked smart. I worked all the time.

He’s high while making that statement.

InstaFrog

He’s high while making that statement.
giphy.gif

Zubaz

The idea that because you did cocaine, that information coming out could cost you your career is pretty bananas. if you're good at your job, that wouldn't be a big deal in the slightest.

If, on the other hand, the market has shifted so far away from your product that you are forced to undergo massive layoffs...you'll probably have a shorter leash.

West Coast Johnny

There are a lot of functioning drug users out there. A guy in my neighborhood was helping me with my car the other day... has a good job... and adult children who are doing good and a good marriage. Been addicted to opiate pills for 25 years.