• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

Pharm Frog

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/04/28/espn-layoffs-linda-cohn-politics

Longtime ESPN anchor Linda Cohn believes the network’s embrace of political issues is at least partially to blame for falling subscription rates.

“That is definitely a percentage of it,” Cohn said, when asked Thursday on New York radio show “Bernie and Sid” if viewers were tuning out because of politics, according to the New York Post. “I don’t know how big a percentage, but if anyone wants to ignore that fact, they’re blind.”

PO Frog

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/04/28/espn-layoffs-linda-cohn-politics

Longtime ESPN anchor Linda Cohn believes the network’s embrace of political issues is at least partially to blame for falling subscription rates.

“That is definitely a percentage of it,” Cohn said, when asked Thursday on New York radio show “Bernie and Sid” if viewers were tuning out because of politics, according to the New York Post. “I don’t know how big a percentage, but if anyone wants to ignore that fact, they’re blind.”
Don't tell Chongo

ESPN losing money on Longhorn network and Big 12 doing so so terrible in the NFL draft tells me Big 12 is on its last leg. Big 12 won't be around too long. OU and UT are going to split. My prediction. Might be 2 years, might be 3 but it's happening.

HToady

Maybe they laid off that screeching chick and and the rapper with the giant gauges, that they added to Big and Rich in the Gameday intro, for diversity a couple of years ago. Surprised Disney hasn't added Ellen to CGD.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Looks like people are tuning in for prime time games and other league events (MLB, NBA, NFL Draft), but are tuning out of the talking head shows and various SportsCenter shows throughout the day.

So much for their personality strategy. The personalities are the problem, not the solution.

Zubaz

Looks like people are tuning in for prime time games and other league events (MLB, NBA, NFL Draft), but are tuning out of the talking head shows and various SportsCenter shows throughout the day.
That's my thought as well. Apparently the NBA Playoffs have been HUGE for them this year (largest first round in 5+ years).

cdsfrog

Politics played a role sure. But it was probably reason number 70 for me. Constant sucking off of the SEC and moronic analysts along with awful content led me away