• The KillerFrogs

Dykes to SMU?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Sources tell FootballScoop former Louisiana Tech & Cal head coach Sonny Dykes remains a strong candidate for the SMU head job. Dykes served as an offensive analyst at TCU this season. We’ve heard Todd Graham had a conversation about the job as well. Interim head coach Jeff Traylor was interviewed yesterday. Hear this one could be wrapped up very soon.

Looks to be Sonny Dykes. Heard SMU people are excited as he is going to bring with him a "big time" OC & DC???

Another coach that will know TCU pretty well. I guess this will allow TCU to bring in another offensive mind to help Cumbie. Hopefully they go after someone that has new ideas how to move the ball especially with the run game and using the TE. Someone that can design duel threat plays for our future QBs, Robinson and Rogers. Also help with the game plans especially against Ohio State and OU.

HG73

Graham to SMU would be glorious. His arrogance is a perfect fit for them.

I really haven't had a reason to hate them in a long time, but I bet he'd provide ample material.
Agree, and ASU must have really wanted Graham to go, he was 6-3 in conference last year, but had OOC losses to SDSU and Tech.

peacock

This screams "We don't have enough money to show we really want to be Power 5, but don't want to be seen as a "stepping stone" school, so let's just hire the best coach available that knows Texas and is unlikely to be a hot commodity, unless Tech opens up!"