• The KillerFrogs

Donor Parking Renewal Packets

mrhornedfrog

We bought a space at UCC last year and it's not a horrible walk and getting in and out is super easy!! Yes you can tailgate too, or at least you could last year

Get Your Frogs Up

I had my parking out there, but rarely parked out there as I was drinking at The Pub and hanging out at Fuzzy's pre/post game. I hardly used the parking. When I did though, the walk was actually rather nice, and it was easy to get out.

There's a small lot with a tailgate spot for you right behind The Pub for $200. Seems like that would be right up your alley.

Deep Purple

Interesting. My lot is named Jim Swink. In that very parking lot is where that I first met Jim Swink back in 1996. (Met Lindy Berry there too.)

Horned Toad

Just curious, how do these prices compare with prior years? I'm assuming an increase but is it like a 100% increase or....?
i had season parking in Lot 4 for ever it seems. It was a $150 up to last year when I got bumped to the UBC lot for $300. Geez! Bend over. $1250 now.

TCUGuy

Good lord they jacked up the prices. $2000 for lot 3?? $1250 for lot four?? If you want to park anywhere near the stadium minus lot 4, your going to drop $2000.

Love how i used to park in lot 3, they move me to lot 4 last year, they tell me i can come back for an $800 increase. Lot three should be a $1500 lot.

I'm not going to lie. I'm shocked the prices are this high. I get lot 1 and 2 being $2000, and evan lot 6. But 3, 5, and 7??? If they tried to stick me in lot 5 or 7 for $2000 i'd tell them no and i want my money back. That's a complete joke. I would not pay $1000 to park in lot 5.

I thought the prices on season tickets were somewhat cheap, but there going to F^%k us on the parking.....

10 Key Frog

I'm staying in lot 13 as long as I'm given a choice. Parked there the last two years. Its easy to get out of post game and the walk isn't bad at all. Price didn't change either. If I'm not allowed to stay in Lot 13 where I was pre shift I may try for those near the bookstore.

bscttyb

Yeah pretty expensive. Lot 4 should be no more than $750, frustrating... Oh well time to start saving. TCU Football is my biggest gift to myself all year.

TCU Reefer

For those balking at price increases, compare our parking situation with others in our conference and across the country. We have it good. You could be tailgating in a parking garage in downtown Austin.

Secondly, you get points for your parking donation. Higher prices = more points for you and more importantly, more money raised for our student atheletes.

TCUGuy

Can i look at our tuition compared to everyone elses as well?? it goes both ways, i don't care what everyone else pays.

Quick question?? Why is the points system not being used on the parking?? It is used on everythin else??

PurplePutt

Secondly, you get points for your parking donation. Higher prices = more points for you and more importantly, more money raised for our student atheletes.

Once you've broken the piggy bank, have the good seats, and a parking pass, the only thing points do for you is get you better seats for a bowl game that you can probably no longer afford to attend.

I'm seriously considering buying a scooter. Is there a place close I can park it and avoid parking in my driveway or somewhere in Mineral Wells? We've always parked on the east campus but we're not the 20 something kids we used to be and the walk hs become a beating.

JugbandFrog

submitted my reservation for EC2. Love it. Perfect place for me to tailgate (close to bars/food/last minute shopping for guests) and the best place to be to celebrate Frog wins.

HFrog1999

For those balking at price increases, compare our parking situation with others in our conference and across the country. We have it good. You could be tailgating in a parking garage in downtown Austin.

That's all well and good for wealthy fans, however, for some people $1,000 is still a lot of money.

I wonder how sales will go. Lot 1A was hardly ever full this past season, but next season will be a completely different animal.

Has anyone called for the wait list yet? Do they ask for a deposit?

Limp Lizard

Can i look at our tuition compared to everyone elses as well?? it goes both ways, i don't care what everyone else pays.

Quick question?? Why is the points system not being used on the parking?? It is used on everythin else??
Compared to other private schools, our tuition is competitive to cheap, FWIW. And it does matter what other people charge: prices don't happen in a vacuum.

The parking lots have always been a waiting-list thing for the good lots. I kept my Lot #1 despite increases because it was such a great spot. I am disappointed that my Club seats do not get me a discount on parking, but so be it....I'll have to find another lot this year. Also, this has been a Frog Club thing for a very long time, as opposed to the TCU ticket office.

As far as how it will end, like anything else they will keep raising the prices until people stop buying. If you think it is too much or can't afford it, don't buy it. But that is an optional entertainment expense; I don't mind paying extra for entertainers, professional athletes, etc., but do mind paying the cost of essentials like medical care and gasoline. So as long as they keep selling the tickets and they are competitive, more power to them.