• The KillerFrogs

DMN: The Rose Bowl star not Baker Mayfield or Nick Chubb -- it's Gary Patterson in the film room

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: The Rose Bowl star not Baker Mayfield or Nick Chubb -- it's Gary Patterson in the film room

By Reece Kelley Graham, Staff Writer
Contact Reece Kelley Grahamon Twitter:mad:ReeceKelleyG

Gary Patterson is a wizard. Fact.

His knowledge on the defensive side of the football is practically unrivaled. And while TCU may not be competing for a spot in the College Football Playoff final this New Year's Day, the Frogs' head coach isn't taking a day off.

ESPN invited Patterson to join its film room panel for the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, along with Syracuse's Dino Babers, UNC's Larry Fedora, West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Ole Miss' Matt Luke, and former Arkansas and Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...nick-chubb-tcus-gary-patterson-espn-film-room

BleedNPurple

Gary has personality and the other coaches were like bumps on a log. Gary had to pry sentences out of the others and pull them into the conversation. Hope they do it for the Championship game again because As far as the game goes I hope Ga and Bama beat each other to death - could not care less.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I don't know why the online sites crap them up with so many pop-ups and ads that block the text of the article. This was the first article I have clicked on in months, cause it looked interesting. But had to exit out after one paragraph cause the next one was totally blocked with flashing ads and other bs.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The only thing that was getting tough in the film room was the way they'd run the rewind on the main screen. Back and forth and back and forth, re-re-re-re-re-wind. It was starting to give me a headache after a while.

If you ever saw the Tom Landry Show, you would have hated it. That's where that seemed to start. GP is being lauded nationally as the genius we know he is.

OICU812

So now the rest of the football world knows what TCU already did: That whether as a coach or analyst, Gary is a real Blue-Collar Guy. No doubt he brought his lunch pail to that set.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I don't know why the online sites crap them up with so many pop-ups and ads that block the text of the article. This was the first article I have clicked on in months, cause it looked interesting. But had to exit out after one paragraph cause the next one was totally blocked with flashing ads and other bs.
Using Safari, you can enter Reader mode and it bypasses all this crap and puts it neatly and easy to read.

FinanceFrog

So now the rest of the football world knows what TCU already did: That whether as a coach or analyst, Gary is a real Blue-Collar Guy. No doubt he brought his lunch pail to that set.

i think you mean the lunch pail comment literally because i only turned to the broadcast once and all i saw was GP licking his fingers. odd deal.

OICU812

i think you mean the lunch pail comment literally because i only turned to the broadcast once and all i saw was GP licking his fingers. odd deal.

Lol, well he has alluded several times to a less-than-pritikin diet when he is in coaching mode. . .
However, I was really referencing the fact that he's um, you know, a Gym Rat kinda guy. Real honest work ethic. Coach-on-the-field. When you go up against him better bring your lunch, cause it's gonna be a long day. . . First to show up at the training facility, last to leave. . . Kinda guy.

Bob

Glad to see Patterson is having fun doing something other than coaching seeing as how OU's coaches out coached him and their players kicked his players' butts. The same could be said of Iowa State.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Glad to see Patterson is having fun doing something other than coaching seeing as how OU's coaches out coached him and their players kicked his players' butts. The same could be said of Iowa State.

Just what you have him coaching right now?