• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU in good shape to be Oklahoma's Big 12 title game opponent, but here's why it's not clinched

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

DMN: TCU in good shape to be Oklahoma's Big 12 title game opponent, but here's why it's not clinched

By Scott Bell, Assistant Sports Editor
Contact Scott Bellon Twitter:mad:ScottBellDMN

The murky race for second place in the Big 12 became a lot more clear on Saturday. But we still don't have a matchup set as Big 12 play heads into Week 13, the final week of regular season play.

Oklahoma clinched a playoff berth with a win over Kansas on Saturday. And with a head-to-head win over TCU the weekend before, the only team it could potentially end up tying, the Sooners have locked up the No. 1 seed.

As the for the No. 2 seed, there's a short answer and a longer answer.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...homas-big-12-title-game-opponent-clinched-yet

PurplFrawg

Administrator
But Iowa State lost to OSU?

He's on a roll.

Animal+House.jpg

FROG PARENTS 1961

Despite the long column title, it never explained exactly why it is not clinched, just danced around it.
lol agree. And my eyes can't easily catch all the tiebreaker info he posted in super small type and still too small after enlarging. I have an idea. Why not write it the same size so his readers can read it.

Frog-in-law1995

Didn’t read the article (because of y’all’s comments), but my buddy sent me this last night...

kDyfy9r.jpg

Is that accurate?

We clinch with:
1. A win or
2. An ISU loss or
3. wins by 2 or 3 of OSU, WVU and Texas.

ISU clinches with:
1. A win, a TCU loss, and losses by WVU and either or both of OSU and UT.

WVU clinches with:
1. A win, an ISU win, and losses by TCU, OSU and UT.

Last edited: