• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Recruiting report card: Looking back at the TCU Horned Frogs' 2017 class

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Recruiting report card: Looking back at the TCU Horned Frogs' 2017 class

By Reece Kelley Graham, Staff Writer
Contact Reece Kelley Grahamon Twitter:mad:ReeceKelleyG

While we sit the middle of another college football offseason, SportsDay is reviewing the most recent recruiting classes for our local schools.

Here is a look at the TCU Horned Frogs' 2017 signees.

Reagor, the 4-star wide receiver out of Waxahachie, has certainly lived up to the hype. The true freshman currently ranks second on the team in receiving yards and leads TCU in receiving touchdowns. He had a quiet first few games, but after a circus-style Hail Mary touchdown catch vs. SMU, it was off to the races. He's a major star in the making.

Most surprising player in the class: Shawn Robinson, QB
Robinson is slated to take over the starting QB role from Kenny Hill next season. But the 4-star QB out of DeSoto looked impressive in his limited opportunities as a true freshman. While Hill was suffering from a concussion, Robinson led TCU to a win over Texas Tech in Lubbock. He passed for 84 yards and rushed for 85 in the win.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...card-looking-back-tcu-horned-frogs-2017-class

What Up Toad

Our most surprising player is our highly regarded QB? What about Bethley who saw the field super early in the season? Or Wallow who made a position change and still played as a true freshman?

The article did make me realize how few of the 2017 recruits got playing time though.

West Coast Johnny

There isn't much insight into evaluating a class year one except for the immediate impact guys (Reagor / Robinson / Bethley). It's fair to evaluate Jucos for not seeing the field because they are brought in to make immediate impact (Ezra Tuua, Michael Epley) and they didn't really. Evaluating a true freshman who barely saw the field or redshirted is just dumb.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I cannot believe how lazy this “reporter” is.

Give me the good old days where they actually took the time to research what they were writing about and earned at least a modicum of credibility by doing so

PhillyFrog

I'd like to post a technical objection in the form of a bar graph.

index.png

Eight

guy is a theater major from smu writing about tcu. exactly what did some of you expect since most on-lline media is about clicks and not information or accuracy.

Moose Stuff

There isn't much insight into evaluating a class year one except for the immediate impact guys (Reagor / Robinson / Bethley). It's fair to evaluate Jucos for not seeing the field because they are brought in to make immediate impact (Ezra Tuua, Michael Epley) and they didn't really. Evaluating a true freshman who barely saw the field or redshirted is just dumb.

Epley made the EXACT impact I expected him to.

Moose Stuff

guy is a theater major from smu writing about tcu. exactly what did some of you expect since most on-lline media is about clicks and not information or accuracy.

Just because my expectation is low doesn’t mean I should be happy about it when he meets that expectation. You write a [ Finebaum ]ty article you deserve to get a bad response.

4 Oaks Frog

To go a bit further, he says his favorite sport the play is baseball. Wonder what he will have to say about Frog Baseball??
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Eight

Just because my expectation is low doesn’t mean I should be happy about it when he meets that expectation. You write a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty article you deserve to get a bad response.

agree, but isn't the best way to deal with crappy on-line work ignoring it and not linking to it or mentioning it

Moose Stuff

agree, but isn't the best way to deal with crappy on-line work ignoring it and not linking to it or mentioning it

It’s kind of tough to come to the conclusion that an article is crappy if you ignore it. I’ve never found much benefit to simply ignoring everything you don’t like/don’t agree with.

Moose Stuff

So you expected him to barely play and make a handful of tackles? I don't know why we would offer a scholarship to a juco with those expectations when a true freshmen could probably do the same with a much higher ceiling.

We needed immediate depth. That’s what he was. You thought he was gonna beat out Banogu and Boesen???

West Coast Johnny

We needed immediate depth. That’s what he was. You thought he was gonna beat out Banogu and Boesen???
Eply had a good game filling in for Boesen when he got ejected from the OU game. But as for "providing depth" obviously Patterson wasn't happy with our depth at DE with Eply because he moved Ty Summers to the position which didn't really work. My only point is that it is fair to evaluate a Junior who didn't play and not fair to evaluate a true freshman the same way - which is what the guy from the DMN did.

Moose Stuff

Eply had a good game filling in for Boesen when he got ejected from the OU game. But as for "providing depth" obviously Patterson wasn't happy with our depth at DE with Eply because he moved Ty Summers to the position which didn't really work. My only point is that it is fair to evaluate a Junior who didn't play and not fair to evaluate a true freshman the same way - which is what the guy from the DMN did.

And my only point is that Epley filled the exact role I thought he would.