• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Big12 revenue distribution expected to be $33M-34M per school, up from $30.4M last year

bcsbuster

I wonder if they break down the amount by sport. Basketball has a wield rule that the money is spread over time. Does OU making the football playoffs a couple of yeas ago and their basketball team in the final four help increase this amount this year. I would like to think TCU baseball team making the college World Series would add money to the conference coffers.

TCUdirtbag

Projected to increase every year, so the 2018 already would've been higher - but the return of the Big 12 Football Championship Game should throw another $1-2M to each member.

HG73

The biggest problem with the Big 12 currently is its image. They make good money, have good bowls, they just need to do a better PR campaign and of course win.

The Big12 would be the most stable conference if UT & OU would just say "We love the Big12 and will stay forever." [hundinnen ].

Ron Swanson

I wonder if they break down the amount by sport. Basketball has a wield rule that the money is spread over time. Does OU making the football playoffs a couple of yeas ago and their basketball team in the final four help increase this amount this year. I would like to think TCU baseball team making the college World Series would add money to the conference coffers.
I'm pretty sure this is that NIT money

Yes, the amount vaires a little by school due to NCAA distribution rules.

TCU's NIT payout will be paid 100% during TCU's 2017-18 FY, not over 5 years like NCAA championship money.

With the new Big 12 Championship game in football, I expect revenue will hit $40 million per institution during the 2018-19 fiscal year. In the past, Bowlsby has said that revenue would hit $44 million per school by the end of the current TV contract.

And remember, add another $1 to $15 million (depends on the school) to that total to do a fair comparison versus the PAC, BIG, or SEC which all report a revenue number for ALL media, whereas the Big 12 reports a number for just the rights the Big 12 controls, each member school then also generates revenue from its "tier 3" media deals. Texas - $15mm or so, OU is $7mm, WVU/OKST/KST/KU around $5mm or so, and everybody else around $1-3mm.