Difference between the Stillers and Loser Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Whine Cellar Forum' started by steelfrog, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Marvez is President of the Football Writers Association:

"Rather than attempting to game-plan for a potential opponent, Steelers coaches stressed fundamentals that had slipped and challenged players through sessions that matched the first-team offense and defense.

"It made it a little competitive," Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith said.

Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin gave his team the weekend off. [SIZE=14pt]But unlike the 2007 Dallas Cowboys, there were no sightings of Steelers players in Cabo San Lucas or any other off-field controversy.

"You've got a mature team that understands a week off isn't a vacation," said Smith, a 10-year NFL veteran. "You've got to keep that edge."[/SIZE]

2. This sucks. The Steelers and the Cardinals?

I am so rooting for the Ravens and Eagles next week.

I mean....what do you serve at a Super Bowl party? Fly in some Primanti Bros sandwiches? Cactus? Gag. Give me cheesesteaks and crab cakes anyday.

3. QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jan 12 2009, 10:15 AM) [snapback]286998[/snapback]
    Marvez is President of the Football Writers Association:

"Rather than attempting to game-plan for a potential opponent, Steelers coaches stressed fundamentals that had slipped and challenged players through sessions that matched the first-team offense and defense.

"It made it a little competitive," Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith said.

Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin gave his team the weekend off. [SIZE=14pt]But unlike the 2007 Dallas Cowboys, there were no sightings of Steelers players in Cabo San Lucas or any other off-field controversy.

"You've got a mature team that understands a week off isn't a vacation," said Smith, a 10-year NFL veteran. "You've got to keep that edge."[/SIZE]

Who cares? This has what to do with TCU sports?

4. QUOTE(RadioShackFrog @ Jan 12 2009, 10:20 AM) [snapback]287000[/snapback]
    This sucks. The Steelers and the Cardinals?
    I am so rooting for the Ravens and Eagles next week.
    I mean....what do you serve at a Super Bowl party? Fly in some Primanti Bros sandwiches? Cactus? Gag. Give me cheesesteaks and crab cakes anyday.

Primanti's sucks. If you need a Pittsburgh theme for your spread, a few other suggestions:

pierogie pizza
    Penn Pilsner
    or, whatever you serve, throw a full potato's worth of fries on it

5. QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Jan 12 2009, 10:24 AM) [snapback]287004[/snapback]
    Who cares? This has what to do with TCU sports?

Jared Retkofsky is the Steelers deep snapper ...

6. QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jan 12 2009, 10:24 AM) [snapback]287005[/snapback]
    Primanti's sucks. If you need a Pittsburgh theme for your spread, a few other suggestions:

pierogie pizza
    Penn Pilsner
    or, whatever you serve, throw a full potato's worth of fries on it

No, get some Iron City Beer and make a jumbo sandwich. You can buy them both at Jiant Iggle.

7. QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jan 12 2009, 10:26 AM) [snapback]287012[/snapback]
    No, get some Iron City Beer and make a jumbo sandwich. You can buy them both at Jiant Iggle.

Ahrn City sucks worse than Primantis ...

And as a point of order, you can't buy beer in grocery stores here. PA alcohol laws are retarded ...

8. Cool can, cool name, beer sucks.

9. Cool can, cool name, beer sucks.

10. And .... we've been relegated ...

11. Yes--have I mentioned that the Mods are morons? Not all of them, but....

Wait a minute.

Yes, all of them.