• The KillerFrogs

Diehards: TCU will need to replace key pieces, but has plenty of talent entering 2018

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Diehards: TCU will need to replace key pieces, but has plenty of talent entering 2018

Cody Daniel

SAN ANTONIO — As the confetti fell onto a mass of purple and black on Thursday night to celebrate yet another Alamo Bowl victory for the TCU Horned Frogs, an 11-win season had reached its end.

So, too, had the careers of Horned Frogs such as Kenny Hill, Travin Howard, Kyle Hicks, John Diarse, Mat Boesen, Nick Orr and Desmon White, along with four starting offensive linemen.

Collectively, 15 starters suited for the final time. Many of them were key pieces in a program that has earned 40 wins over the last four seasons.

Read more at https://www.diehards.com/tcu/tcu-horned-frogs-replace-pieces-2018-season

Frog DJ

This is a good tutorial on which players TCU will lose and which ones will be back.

Obviously, we all want Banogu to come back, but CGP has mined nuggets in the past, and he will again.

This 2017 team far surpassed my most optimistic expectations, and the incoming class inspires greatness.

2018 looks to be a rebuilding year from this vantage point, but I would have said much the same thing about the 2017 team, too.

Never underestimate this coach and his program.

Go Frogs!

Wexahu

This is a good tutorial on which players TCU will lose and which ones will be back.

Obviously, we all want Banogu to come back, but CGP has mined nuggets in the past, and he will again.

This 2017 team far surpassed my most optimistic expectations, and the incoming class inspires greatness.

2018 looks to be a rebuilding year from this vantage point, but I would have said much the same thing about the 2017 team, too.

Never underestimate this coach and his program.

Go Frogs!

We've had more wholesale rebuilding jobs in the past. Plug in the holes in a few key areas (CB, OT, C and DE if BB leaves) and we should be fine. And of course there's always QB.

More talent up and down the roster than maybe we've ever had. One loss that doesn't seem to get mentioned as much as others which might be huge is Texada. He was a very, very good player that just never seemed to get the accolades he deserved IMO. Hopefully Gladney takes the next step and another kid emerges to fill that big hole.