• The KillerFrogs

Diehards: Lincoln Riley dismisses Baker Mayfield pegging TCU player: ‘Things like that can happen’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Diehards: Lincoln Riley dismisses Baker Mayfield pegging TCU player: ‘Things like that can happen’

Matt Jennings
@MattAJennings

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield is facing discipline for his actions against Kansas, but coach Lincoln Riley said it has nothing to do with another controversial moment against TCU.

Mayfield appeared to hit a TCU player in the head with a football during warm-ups before the two teams faced off on Nov. 11. Riley said it happened because TCU players were running through the middle of Oklahoma’s warm-up area.

Read more at https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/lincoln-riley-baker-mayfield-oklahoma-football-pegs-tcu-player

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
giphy-4.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
One, we didn’t run through their warmups, we had two options to go out of bounds around either sideline. Which we did.

Two, that would have been the only time all night he hit the wrong colored jersey. So Johnny II’s accuracy with no red jersey nearby all the sudden got bad? BS.

watchfrog

I do like the sentiment that "things like that can happen". Pretty sure I would have that line ready to go in my presser after something "happens" to Mr. Mayfield. "It's a shame but things like that can happen. Next question."
Agreed, I feel like some "things like that" may happen to them soon.