• The KillerFrogs

Diehards: Former TCU WR Deante Gray calls 2014 playoff snub a ‘slap in the face’

asleep003

They were suppose to pick the 4 Best Teams... period. FSU was not even one of the best 6 teams. Had much less problem with tOSU, than the FSU scenario.

The heavy weighted B10 voter representation on the committee was not, thanks to Barry Alvarez, going to allow TCU in the club. There were 7 votes taken, until Barry and associates agreed on the results. There were a lot of wimps on that committee, including our one voter associated with the B12.

Wisconsin AD, Barry Alvarez , remembered the 2010 Rose Bowl victory over them, and also didn't want those nasty Frogs in the mix.... when they could have a softer
undefeated FSU in the pairings. Barry Alvarez was the Villain and the main reason.

asleep003

Amazing, though had more Issue with FSU in the CFP ... than tOSU.

Ohio St. lost by 2 TDs to a 6-6 VA Tech ball club, at Columbus Ohio..
Frogs lost to a highly ranked Baylor, on a walk off FG... on the road.
Frogs beat the Gophers by more than 2 TDs than tOSU did..

But the travesty was more with the FSU selection than with Ohio St.

Wexahu

Ohio St team torpedoed itself the entire game vs Virginia Tech... losing by more, at home, versus a worse team than Baylor

That's right. They also beat Michigan State on the road by 14 (which was a far better win than anything we had), played a tougher OOC schedule, and won their conference outright by winning their CCG by 59 points.

I would believe it isn't more than just sour grapes from our fan base if a scenario existed where TCU could go 12-1 and undefeated in the Big 12 with a blowout win in the CCG and be passed over in the CFP by an 11-1 team with zero wins over a top 10 team.....and our fan base not be completely batshit incensed over it. But that scenario doesn't exist.

Wexahu

Nah. If an undefeated P5 champ (and defending national champ) is left out, then TCU would never get in. Ever. The powers that be would have their bar to clear that we could never achieve.

Not exactly sure what you're saying but I think I agree with you. And if TCU is ever undefeated as a Big 12 team there's no way we'd get left out either unless there were four other undefeated P5's that had better schedules than we did. I'd say the odds of that happening are just barely above 0%.

The idea that FSU should have been left out of a playoff is comical.

The first instinct is to complain, because in some people's minds they are a bunch of idiots and there's no way they could ever get it right. Then you have to back into an position that somehow supports that. What you end up with is a completely inconsistent set of arguments.

Horned Toad

That was the worst day in my life as a Frog fan.............. That is all I can say without going crazy.
My worst day as a Frog fan was when Kenneth Davis got busted for taking booster money from the former Mama’s Pizza owner, Chris Farqus, and we almost got the death penalty and put on probation. I guess those are several bad days but all are related to the same incident. Took more than a decade to recover from that bad day. Now that’s a bad day.

Zubaz

I wonder if other snubbed teams constantly dredge up the same topics and conspiracy theories about their what-if years? Like, do Auburn boards go on and on about being "screwed" in 2004? Does Okie State constantly bring up 2011 on their boards?

Not a knock, I am legit curious.

maximilian

Not exactly sure what you're saying but I think I agree with you. And if TCU is ever undefeated as a Big 12 team there's no way we'd get left out either unless there were four other undefeated P5's that had better schedules than we did. I'd say the odds of that happening are just barely above 0%.

The idea that FSU should have been left out of a playoff is comical.

The first instinct is to complain, because in some people's minds they are a bunch of idiots and there's no way they could ever get it right. Then you have to back into an position that somehow supports that. What you end up with is a completely inconsistent set of arguments.

I was saying that if TCU fans thought the committee should leave out an undefeated FSU, coming off a natty title, because they didn't win impressively enough for their subjective eyes, then they were effectively burying any shot at TCU making a 4 team playoff.

Everyone who watched FSU knew they weren't one of the 4 best teams in the country, but they did everything they could and deserved to be one of the four. Playoff needs 6 minimum, and most likely 8.

hiphopfroggy

I wonder if other snubbed teams constantly dredge up the same topics and conspiracy theories about their what-if years? Like, do Auburn boards go on and on about being "screwed" in 2004? Does Okie State constantly bring up 2011 on their boards?

Not a knock, I am legit curious.

I am legit curious, have any of them ever dropped from 3-6 in the last week after a blowout win, causing them to miss the inaugural invitational?