• The KillerFrogs

Did we act like whiny sore winner [hundinnen ] after winning the Rose Bowl like UCF fans have been doing?

CountryFrog

Yes, you're right, you can't make a schedule up at the last minute based on how good a team you might have, that would be impossible. But there's a reason why K-State played a bunch of nobodies in OOC back in the early Snyder years and Baylor played nobody in the Briles' era. It was a deliberate attempt to make the schedule as easy as possible to ensure easy wins and Bowl eligibility. Dodging competition would be another word for it. And for an AAC school like UCF who already plays a weak conference schedule relative to every P5 school out there, if they really want to compete for national championships they should have drastically changed their scheduling philosophy years ago. This playoff system has been in place for 4 years now and I see that they haven't scheduled any games further than 2020 so the idea that you have to know 8-10 years in advance isn't valid. I see they are scheduling the Georgia Tech and North Carolina types too and no Clemsons, Florida States, Penn States, Ohio States.

What they really want is to kind of dodge the really good teams but still get all the fruits everyone else does. Lame.
So if UCF calls up TCU and says put us on your schedule for 2021 then what happens? We say, "sorry, our schedule is already full." Then UCF says that they'll take the next opening. We say, "sorry, our scheduling plan doesn't include playing AAC teams other than the one down the street from us."

And there are only about 50 or so other P5 schools that would have the exact same or very similar conversation with UCF. So again I say, even if schools like UCF tried like heck to make out great schedules every single year, the reality of them actually being able to do it is pretty close to impossible unless you're just a trash program that people schedule for easy wins. And in that case you're not looking to make a national championship caliber schedule.

maximilian

I'll still contend that Auburn should vacate all wins with $cam, to include the BcS title, and we should claim that one. I honestly have no issue with UCF claiming this one and wouldn't think it was petty of us to claim one in 2014 after the Peach Bowl.

If Auburn vacates all wins, then Oregon should be the natty title champs since they were ranked ahead of us.

Wexahu

So if UCF calls up TCU and says put us on your schedule for 2021 then what happens? We say, "sorry, our schedule is already full." Then UCF says that they'll take the next opening. We say, "sorry, our scheduling plan doesn't include playing AAC teams other than the one down the street from us."

And there are only about 50 or so other P5 schools that would have the exact same or very similar conversation with UCF. So again I say, even if schools like UCF tried like heck to make out great schedules every single year, the reality of them actually being able to do it is pretty close to impossible unless you're just a trash program that people schedule for easy wins. And in that case you're not looking to make a national championship caliber schedule.

There are plenty of schools out there better than what UCF is playing that would be happy to host them. They might not get a home and home or they might have to do a 2 for 1, but they could get it done. Besides, every P5 program out there has to play multiple games on the road against decent P5 teams every year so you're not asking them to do any more than anyone else. The fact that UCF is located in a prime recruiting territory would only make it that much easier. They don't have to play Austin Peay, Maine, Georgia Tech, and Maryland. They could do MUCH better than that, but they have to want to, but I'm not sure they really do.

hiphopfroggy

In 2018 we should all agree to never use the term "Natty" ever again. It's the absolute worst. Let's let the Baylor fans keep that one for themselves.

In 2018 lets agree, that if we don't have any good counter points we will attack the poster we don't agree with and show how our pea brains work. Also quit sure Baylor fans have never had a reason to discuss a Natty and there is no association with the term Natty and Baylor.

But please continue making the point that Oregon won the 2010 Natty.

CountryFrog

There are plenty of schools out there better than what UCF is playing that would be happy to host them. They might not get a home and home or they might have to do a 2 for 1, but they could get it done. Besides, every P5 program out there has to play multiple games on the road against decent P5 teams every year so you're not asking them to do any more than anyone else. The fact that UCF is located in a prime recruiting territory would only make it that much easier. They don't have to play Austin Peay, Maine, Georgia Tech, and Maryland. They could do MUCH better than that, but they have to want to, but I'm not sure they really do.
It seems like you believe that scheduling in the real world is just as easy it is in the EA Sports college football game. Just pick better teams to be on your schedule UCF! Every single year!

maximilian

Perhaps in 1940, but in 2010 and beyond you've got to win your bowl game to get the Natty.

But they're undefeated if you vacate the Auburn game, since Auburn played them with an ineligible player. You can't have it both ways and vacate the natty title for Auburn while simultaneously punishing Oregon.

CountryFrog

But they're undefeated if you vacate the Auburn game, since Auburn played them with an ineligible player. You can't have it both ways and vacate the natty title for Auburn while simultaneously punishing Oregon.
Why not? If we're retroactively taking championships away from who we want then we should be able to award them to who we want as well. Besides, I'm sure we wouldn't have to do too much digging into Oregon to find at least one ineligible player on that team.

maximilian

Why not? If we're retroactively taking championships away from who we want then we should be able to award them to who we want as well. Besides, I'm sure we wouldn't have to do too much digging into Oregon to find at least one ineligible player on that team.

If we're just awarding national titles based on conjecture, then Aggie's gonna need to raise money for a new 100,000 trophy case.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Meh they they won every game they played, are the only undefeated team in the country, and they beat the team that soundly beat both of the teams in the national championship game.

I’d probably be acting the same way if I was a UCF fan.

Thanks for the warning.