• The KillerFrogs

Did we act like whiny sore winner [hundinnen ] after winning the Rose Bowl like UCF fans have been doing?

LVH

Good lord go all over the internet and social media and message boards and its nothing but UCF fans whining and being sore winners. UCF athletic director taking potshots, their fanbase saying they will claim the national championship and hang a banner, etc.

Contrast that to how we acted after winning the Rose Bowl and going unbeaten. No whining, no complaining, no [ Finebaum ]ting all over Auburn/Oregon. Instead we were proud of what we did accomplish and didn't need validation from anyone for it like UCF is desperately trying to get.

They beat an Auburn team with 3 losses, its not like they beat a juggernaut. I understand the frustration and frankly the system is BS that an unbeaten team can't at least play in some kind of playoff, but they are going to make people hate them if they keep complaining.

Even after their Auburn win we are still ranked ahead of them in Sagarin with 3 losses.

notyalc

You only get to [ hundin] if you played someone (besides Auburn) who is relevant and they didn't. Only #20 Memphis was ranked on their schedule.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Eh. Let 'em complain. They are undefeated, and they did beat an SEC Conference Conference team. They're better than any B1G team...

As to the Rose Bowl win, everyone knew The Fix Was In for cheating-ass Auburn and $cam that year. There was a feeling that we had done what was necessary, and that it really didn't matter who ESPN crowned.

dawg

The university and the team respected the Rose Bowl and the significance of playing in and winning that game. Patterson wasn’t calling out the BCS publicly after the game.

Us in 2010 and UCF this year are the reasons why we need an eight-team playoff. Five champs, top-ranked G5, two at-large.

Horny 4 Life

Good lord go all over the internet and social media and message boards and its nothing but UCF fans whining and being sore winners. UCF athletic director taking potshots, their fanbase saying they will claim the national championship and hang a banner, etc.

Contrast that to how we acted after winning the Rose Bowl and going unbeaten. No whining, no complaining, no [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ting all over Auburn/Oregon. Instead we were proud of what we did accomplish and didn't need validation from anyone for it like UCF is desperately trying to get.

They beat an Auburn team with 3 losses, its not like they beat a juggernaut. I understand the frustration and frankly the system is BS that an unbeaten team can't at least play in some kind of playoff, but they are going to make people hate them if they keep complaining.

Even after their Auburn win we are still ranked ahead of them in Sagarin with 3 losses.

You must not have been posting on this board or else your memory is no good. There were plenty of people posting exactly the type of stuff you're talking about.

Purp

I'll still contend that Auburn should vacate all wins with $cam, to include the BcS title, and we should claim that one. I honestly have no issue with UCF claiming this one and wouldn't think it was petty of us to claim one in 2014 after the Peach Bowl.

I'm all for upsetting the apple cart when the apple cart is a farce system like the BcS or CFP Invitational. Both systems were supposedly designed to eliminate contested national titles, but all they've done is make the disputed ones more controversial. Until we have a real playoff system where all conference champs play in a playoff format I'll be fine with people raising hell like this when it's justified.

Wexahu

UCF can complain all they want, but this is a classic case of it being better for UCF to not be in the playoffs and be able to say that they could have, or would have won it than it would have been for them to actually make the playoffs and lose, which is highly likely what would have happened. Which goes back to my belief that expanding the playoffs will actually serve to reduce the number of teams who actually have a realistic chance of winning the national title. It's easier to "win and advance" by not having to play a game at all.

Zubaz

UCF can complain all they want, but this is a classic case of it being better for UCF to not be in the playoffs and be able to say that they could have, or would have won it than it would have been for them to actually make the playoffs and lose, which is highly likely what would have happened. Which goes back to my belief that expanding the playoffs will actually serve to reduce the number of teams who actually have a realistic chance of winning the national title. It's easier to "win and advance" by not having to play a game at all.
I'm sure UCF would say "just give us the opportunity", as we would have in 2009, 2010, and 2014. They literally couldn't do more than what they did this year, and were jumped by teams with objectively worse records, in some cases 2 or 3 losses even. That's absurd.

Well let's see

We beat #24 at a neutral site, #5 at home and #5 at a neutral site.

UCF beat #20 at home in 2OT and #7 at a neutral site. GT game was cancelled.

No, their schedule does not really compare to what we accomplished that year.