• The KillerFrogs

Deryck Gildon not back

dkfrog

Here's a thought: if his injury would keep him out of spring practice anyway. Why not stay at JUCO to boost that GPA in the spring semester, then enroll on the summer or fall?

Not saying this is the case...just a thought.

TCURiggs

Why wasn't Dawson able to beat out Hasley? Or Mallett? Hasley didn't exactly light the world on fire against the pass happy Big 12 teams.

Not sure. I'm hoping it was just due to Hasley being bigger/better at defending the run, and knowing our system better. We saw more of the 4-1-6 when we got to teams like WVU and OU, which was pretty effective. I think Dawson will be a pretty good player for us.

jake102

Not sure. I'm hoping it was just due to Hasley being bigger/better at defending the run, and knowing our system better. We saw more of the 4-1-6 when we got to teams like WVU and OU, which was pretty effective. I think Dawson will be a pretty good player for us.

I sure hope you are right... I was pretty pumped when we saw Mallett play a bunch against WVirginia and then start against KState. Then he vanished.

ShepFrog

I am confused. What is happening!?!?! This day is really starting to suck. Didn't someone post on here months ago he was back for next year?

Frog-in-law1995

Apparently Hilliard transferred when Hutchinson CC LBer Kenny Flowers didn't make grades to enroll early at A&M, and they've got no room in the fall. Somebody get that dude a purple shirt and a tutor!

pgdaly84

Sammy Douglas baby. /prays

I think he'll be great in two years. He's still painfully light at 190 lbs. With Gildon and Hilliard gone the LB corps is once again the biggest weakness on the team. We're gonna need the crop of freshmen to play way more than we hoped. Luckily, they all have good cover skills because Hasley is pretty much useless against the pass.

BABYFACE

Maybe he is back in the Summer or Fall. Gildon has made it known he wants back at TCU so maybe he is not academically cleared yet or maybe ther wasn't an open scholly and he has to wait until this Summer?

Atom

I think he'll be great in two years. He's still painfully light at 190 lbs. With Gildon and Hilliard gone the LB corps is once again the biggest weakness on the team. We're gonna need the crop of freshmen to play way more than we hoped. Luckily, they all have good cover skills because Hasley is pretty much useless against the pass.

They weren't the biggest weakness on the team. Defense is probably what you meant.

West Coast Johnny

Any JUCOs still out there for us to look at? Feisty/WCJ/Gunner/anyone?
Our LB recruiting is an epic fail. IMO - the JUCO route is the only way to do this. Any HS Senior can't be counted on to be ready. So we'll take whoever is left over from the early JUCO signing period. It will be a guy no one has ever heard about.

One guy we should look into is Kenny Flowers who signed an LOI to Aggie but never enrolled due to academics. If he can get qualified, he'd be good.

Also, look for the coaches to make last ditch efforts to land an elite linebacker. Someone out there might take the bait if they are promised to be a starter on day one - someone like Darian Claiborne (TAMU Commit).

It won't help for next year, but If I'm the coaches, I'm talking to Anthony Wallace - he was offered by TCU out of HS, but went to Oregon for a year. He's transferring out.

ProfessorChaos4

So what is the story here with Gildon? He is not at TCU because he ...

I mentioned in another thread that the injury he suffered at JUCO was severe enough that he was not offered a scholarship. I heard it was a knee injury. Regardless, it sounds like a bad situation for us and Gildon. I wish him the best. Hilliard on the other hand...