• The KillerFrogs

Danny Collins should give up umpiring and soon!

arlington

I have never seen a plate ump be So bad that less than 2 innings in the commentators were literally calling the guy out for how poor his zone was in the first TCU v Florida game. Now as crew chief of the Oregon State v LSU game he fails to do what every one of us was thinking and didnt call for a review on Kwans at bat that cost OSU a run and possibly 2 runs. He must have been something special during the regular season to earn a World Series invite as he looks completely unqualified

Realtorfrog

That cost Oregon State the game. They are waiting in the finals if that call is reviewed. That being said the Oregon State head coach should have asked for the review.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
They said early in the game he had issues with Traver from the Cal series insinuating he was holding some kind of grudge. Not sure which is worse his bad skills or his potential ability to be impartial. Those grooved down the middle balls he called sure looked lie payback for something.

LisaLT

Bad officiating, in any sport, sucks! These kids deserve competent and consistent umpires - especially at home plate. I was appalled at the strike/balls calls during our game. Glad that ump took a few stray balls! Karma!

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The ball strike calls have been all over the place this entire CWS. The NCAA needs to rethink how officials are selected. Show them the first two innings of last night's Florida game if they need convincing. FLA pitcher gets calls on everything he throws, up to a pitch 6 inches outside. Traver throws two curveballs in the center of the strike zone that are called balls.

arlington

the game was 2-0 with Lange laboring through a 40 pitch inning, 1st and 2nd with 1 out. To think that that decision to not go to replay wasnt lazy, irresponsible or costly is just silly. 1 definitely scores and at worst you have 1 in and 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Being bad is one thing both teams usually have to deal with that but to not realize immediately that thats definitely got to be revieewed is my main problem. Worst thing an ump can have is too much ego and to just know you hit that call is the epitome of ego. You would think getting roasted on national tv a few nights ago would have humbled him a bit but guess not

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Steve Mattingly is the 3rd base ump in this final LSU/OSU game. He should have the least impact on the outcome from there. He would stink on ice.

arlington

And of course the plate guy from today, Greg Street, Is challenging my assessment of Danny Collins as worst ump ever OMG this is the worst group of umpiring i have ever seen this is an embarrassment to the college game.. Name a previous CWS where we can actually name about 5 umps names? When Umps are so bad you keep hearing their name brought up thats not acceptable