• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Has TCU become a Longhorn rival?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Oklahoman: Has TCU become a Longhorn rival?

by BERRY TRAMEL

In the list of the University of Texas’ football rivals, TCU wasn’t high. Back in Southwest Conference days, the Frogs clearly were behind Texas A&M and Arkansas, and considering TCU had four winning seasons combined in the 1960s, ‘70s and ‘80s, it was difficult for Texas to think of the Frogs as any kind of rival.

But that has changed. A&M and Arkansas are in the SEC. Rice, Houston and SMU no longer share a conference with Texas. TCU is not only back in the same league as Texas, but dominating the ‘Horns, having won five of the six meetings since the Frogs joined the Big 12.

OU is Texas’ arch-rival, but after that, TCU probably is next on the list. And the Frogs play in Austin on Saturday, with the role reversal intact. TCU is considered not just the better team, but the better program.

Read more at https://newsok.com/article/5609148/horned-frogs-have-reversed-the-rivalry-with-texas

ECoastFrog

Bevo is super cute. I love Surly Horns. And UT seems to run clean programs, at least from what I know. I don't consider UT our rival, nor do I hate them.

They're more like our occasionally annoying next door neighbor.

Baylor, on the other hand, genuinely blows on all levels. I'm not sure that defines a rivalry, but I sure wanna beat down on BU every year and in all sports.

Moose Stuff

Bevo is super cute. I love Surly Horns. And UT seems to run clean programs, at least from what I know. I don't consider UT our rival, nor do I hate them.

They're more like our occasionally annoying next door neighbor.

Baylor, on the other hand, genuinely blows on all levels. I'm not sure that defines a rivalry, but I sure wanna beat down on BU every year and in all sports.

In all seriousness, I don’t hate UT at all. I’ve tried, I just don’t. Baylor and A&M on the other hand......

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Texas fans can be annoying since so many of them clearly know absolutely nothing about college football. I had a random Texas fan get in my face at Disney World this year. The guy was an employee of the park and he sees me wearing a TCU shirt, walks up to me with the hook em sign and yells "Longhorns baby! Go back home little horny toad!" The guy was very serious. It was not in any way some kind of light hearted joking thing. I could tell that what lurked behind those eyes was a true belief of the superiority of the University of Texas.

I stared at him for a second with a puzzled look on my face debating whether or not I should recap the last 4 games between the teams but then I realized this bozo probably hasn't watched a Texas game since Colt McCoy was QB so what's the point trying to argue with him. Plus I was there with my whole family including my sisters' kids so I didn't want them to think that Uncle Country was a crazy person.

Other than their fans, though, their program just isn't good enough to have a lot of hate for. Tom Herman, on the other hand, is a guy that I can get behind loathing.

Elgolfdog

Texas fans can be annoying since so many of them clearly know absolutely nothing about college football. I had a random Texas fan get in my face at Disney World this year. The guy was an employee of the park and he sees me wearing a TCU shirt, walks up to me with the hook em sign and yells "Longhorns baby! Go back home little horny toad!" The guy was very serious. It was not in any way some kind of light hearted joking thing. I could tell that what lurked behind those eyes was a true belief of the superiority of the University of Texas.

I stared at him for a second with a puzzled look on my face debating whether or not I should recap the last 4 games between the teams but then I realized this bozo probably hasn't watched a Texas game since Colt McCoy was QB so what's the point trying to argue with him. Plus I was there with my whole family including my sisters' kids so I didn't want them to think that Uncle Country was a crazy person.

Other than their fans, though, their program just isn't good enough to have a lot of hate for. Tom Herman, on the other hand, is a guy that I can get behind loathing.

That happens all the time. Ignorant, arrogant ut fans are everywhere!

Chongo94

I would imagine this article would incense some Tech fans who consider UT a rival even though they can’t consistently beat UT and UT doesn’t really think much of Tech as a rival. With A&M gone, I’d wager we are the one game Tech wants to win more than anything, even more than UT perhaps.

CountryFrog

I would imagine this article would incense some Tech fans who consider UT a rival even though they can’t consistently beat UT and UT doesn’t really think much of Tech as a rival. With A&M gone, I’d wager we are the one game Tech wants to win more than anything, even more than UT perhaps.
Definitely agree that Tech fans hate losing to TCU probably more than anyone. All those years of claiming superiority via conference affiliation and now we've done more in the Big 12 in our 6 years than they've done in 20.

Froginbedford

Definitely agree that Tech fans hate losing to TCU probably more than anyone. All those years of claiming superiority via conference affiliation and now we've done more in the Big 12 in our 6 years than they've done in 20.

But in the post SWC era, Tech is the only school that has a break-even record with TCU....4-4....3-3 in the Big 12....That helps fuel a rivalry....

netty2424

And then you realized he worked at Disney World and so asked him if he could direct you to the nearest frozen yogurt stand.