• The KillerFrogs

Credit to Kenny H on lateral

PO Frog

Great hustle and heads up play that saved a TD and frankly we may be having a much different discussion if they house it on that play. I'm sure we still win as we are much better than the ponies, but we out scored them 49 to 20 from that possession on and I thought it was big in taking some wind out of their sails.

netty2424

Was thinking about this play tonight. Did Turp run a bad route into the flat, meaning did he float backwards forcing the lateral throw, or is that just the way the route is run with the assumption he catches that ball. Seems like this would be a fundamental part of how the route is run to avoid this very situation. Unless there is intent to double pass, there's no reason to lateral on this play.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
I hope the expert observer here who tried to imply, during the fumbled snap at Arky, that KH was slowed in his recovery attempt by a lack of concern for his own welfare, has taken due note of this thread, and blushes...if he is so capable.

Punter1

Was thinking about this play tonight. Did Turp run a bad route into the flat, meaning did he float backwards forcing the lateral throw, or is that just the way the route is run with the assumption he catches that ball. Seems like this would be a fundamental part of how the route is run to avoid this very situation. Unless there is intent to double pass, there's no reason to lateral on this play.

The reason to lateral it is to give Turp a little more time and space to survey and build speed...kinda like a toss sweep.

This was Turps fault for 1. Not catching it. 2. Not realizing that this play is a possible lateral and to get on the ball.

And yes...the double pass from Turp will be used this season.

Latest posts