• The KillerFrogs

Construction Cam: Are They Bricking the Interior Wall Right Now?

Frogcrates

Anyone know what's going on right now along the interior wall? It looks like they may be bricking it (which would be a very welcome surprise), but I thought it was settled long ago that they were not going to. Can't really tell from my computer. Anybody know for sure what they are doing or able to see well enough to tell if that is or is not what they are doing right now?

TCUdirtbag

Can't see west side cam on iPhone or Mac, but on the east side they aren't.

They could easily be cleaning up the wall and getting ready to place the equipment to hold up banners and pads.

Frogcrates

Yeah, it was the East Side cam that I was looking at. It could easily just be an illusion or, like you said, they may be giving it a good scraping in advance of the padding. Again, I'd be surprised if they really were bricking it at this stage in construction, but would be very pleased if they were. Maybe they just had a few extra bricks left over.

SuperToad

Yeah, it was the East Side cam that I was looking at. It could easily just be an illusion or, like you said, they may be giving it a good scraping in advance of the padding. Again, I'd be surprised if they really were bricking it at this stage in construction, but would be very pleased if they were. Maybe they just had a few extra bricks left over.

Heck, why not brick the sidelines until it reaches the pads?

Frogcrates

Anybody out there with an HD monitor able to tell? Could be crazy, but I'm starting to see a two tone wall take shape and there are plenty of guys working down there right now.

that's not bricking... that would require taking down the entire wall and replacing it, which i highy doubt they would do 4 weeks before the 1st home game

probably just paint as mentioned above

SnoSki

Just drive by on my lunch break. Not brick. Just prepping the wall for padding and signage. Didn't see anyone painting, just cleaning the wall.

On another note they had all of the yardage lines flagged in place as if paint is about to go down.

Limp Lizard

Why brick the interior wall if it is to be covered by padding anyway?

Rather see that money spent on better padding, more amenities for the non-Suite/Club fans. Hire someone to figure out how to get the unused tickets back to TCU fans. More fireworks after games, better National Anthem singers, etc.

Frogcrates

that's not bricking... that would require taking down the entire wall and replacing it, which i highy doubt they would do 4 weeks before the 1st home game

probably just paint as mentioned above

Makes sense that it would be paint. I figured that if anything it might just be a brick veneer (i.e. 1/2" bricks laid on top of the existing wall in order to make it look as if it were bricked to match the rest of campus). Again, wasn't expecting that they would be doing this. Would just be surprised to find out that they were.

Makes sense that it would be paint. I figured that if anything it might just be a brick veneer (i.e. 1/2" bricks laid on top of the existing wall in order to make it look as if it were bricked to match the rest of campus). Again, wasn't expecting that they would be doing this. Would just be surprised to find out that they were.

now that might be a nice asthetic touch that can be done without removing the whole wall! just getting the paint to match may be tricky, and could look shoddy if not done right

smredd

They are painting the interior wall. New pads will be put up with purple covers. There will not be brick on the interior wall.