• The KillerFrogs

Coming up

Burner1

Tier 1
I think we're better than Florida State and will win Wednesday, then we'll win Friday behind Purke. Winkler will get a chance to redeem himself Saturday.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Burner1 @ Jun 22 2010, 08:07 AM) [snapback]585657[/snapback]
I think we're better than Florida State and will win Wednesday, then we'll win Friday behind Purke. Winkler will get a chance to redeem himself Saturday.

Assuming we beat FSU, I like our chances the rest of the week. Any chance for a Cole/Winkler rematch??

gdu

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 22 2010, 09:40 AM) [snapback]585717[/snapback]
Assuming we beat FSU, I like our chances the rest of the week. Any chance for a Cole/Winkler rematch??

Decent chance for Sat.

SnoSki

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 09:48 AM) [snapback]585728[/snapback]
Decent chance for Sat.

That would be an incredible story if we have the same matchup but a different result.

gdu

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 22 2010, 09:50 AM) [snapback]585732[/snapback]
That would be an incredible story if we have the same matchup but a different result.

It would be, but I'd rather not face Cole again (not as though we'll have a choice). Other than the 7th inning, he was flat out dominant.

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 09:02 AM) [snapback]585747[/snapback]
It would be, but I'd rather not face Cole again (not as though we'll have a choice). Other than the 7th inning, he was flat out dominant.

I agree he was quite nasty.

HG73

QUOTE(Forza Frogs @ Jun 22 2010, 10:11 AM) [snapback]585752[/snapback]
I agree he was quite nasty.

Having seen him once will help, I hope.

ricksterh

I know Cole is very good but at the same time I think his record now is 8-3 so he has been beatable. The Frogs would have been in a lot better shape with a win against UCLA but at the same time other than using pitching it might be better to be in the grrove of playing rather than have to sit around for three days. We will see! :biggrin:

Riff Ram

We got three runs, and any of our big 3 starters is fully able to pitch a shutout on a given day.

We will have a fine chance to win a rematch.

gdu

QUOTE(Riff Ram @ Jun 22 2010, 10:43 AM) [snapback]585786[/snapback]
We got three runs, and any of our big 3 starters is fully able to pitch a shutout on a given day.
We will have a fine chance to win a rematch.

We got 3 runs off 1 hit that the CF might have caught if he weren't sucked so far in.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
this team is full of "gamers" so I like our chances to get another shot or two at UCLA, our hitters must take care of business against FSU first

neo926

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 10:49 AM) [snapback]585790[/snapback]
We got 3 runs off 1 hit that the CF might have caught if he weren't sucked so far in.

Actually we got three runs off of four hits, and Cole gave up all of them.

gdu

QUOTE(Mike M. @ Jun 22 2010, 12:37 PM) [snapback]585861[/snapback]

The 3 runs came off one hit. I know we had more hits than that, but it is runs, not hits, that count.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Mike M. @ Jun 22 2010, 12:37 PM) [snapback]585861[/snapback]

Yep. Those runs don't score without them getting hits and being on to begin with. Nice inning, just too little too late.

ectofrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 01:58 PM) [snapback]585890[/snapback]
The 3 runs came off one hit. I know we had more hits than that, but it is runs, not hits, that count.

Dude, you sound pretty ignorant when you say this. There were four hits in that inning, all of which were required to score those three runs. So we had 3 runs off of 4 of our 6 total hits.

Saying the three runs came off only one hit is like saying "Andy is worthless at scoring the football" after our running backs punch it in at the end of a 78 yard drive where Andy accounted for 62 of the yards.

It's discounting the entire setup, and it makes it sound like we fell backwards into three lucky runs off of only one hit (as though errors and walks or HBP's put us on and we just got the ONE hit in that inning to drive in all the luck). That inning went strikeout, single, single, flyout, single, triple.

Those were well-earned runs. Quit trying to make it sound like they weren't.

gdu

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 22 2010, 02:06 PM) [snapback]585896[/snapback]
Dude, you sound pretty ignorant when you say this. There were four hits in that inning, all of which were required to score those three runs. So we had 3 runs off of 4 of our 6 total hits.

Saying the three runs came off only one hit is like saying "Andy is worthless at scoring the football" after our running backs punch it in at the end of a 78 yard drive where Andy accounted for 62 of the yards.

It's discounting the entire setup, and it makes it sound like we fell backwards into three lucky runs off of only one hit (as though errors and walks or HBP's put us on and we just got the ONE hit in that inning to drive in all the luck). That inning went strikeout, single, single, flyout, single, triple.

Those were well-earned runs. Quit trying to make it sound like they weren't.

good grief. I already said the 7th was the only inning we got to him. I guess we can keep rehashing it if you'd like.

ectofrog

Actually, what you've said in this thread is:

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 01:58 PM) [snapback]585890[/snapback]

I'm telling you from the standpoint of baseball nomenclature stating it like the above two quotes sounds ignorant, because we got three runs off four hits, not one. You saying earlier that other than the 7th inning, he was flat out dominant does not change how ignorant (or unnecessarily pessimistic) the above two comments sound. Good grief yourself.

gdu

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 22 2010, 02:35 PM) [snapback]585906[/snapback]
Actually, what you've said in this thread is:
I'm telling you from the standpoint of baseball nomenclature stating it like the above two quotes sounds ignorant, because we got three runs off four hits, not one. You saying earlier that other than the 7th inning, he was flat out dominant does not change how ignorant (or unnecessarily pessimistic) the above two comments sound. Good grief yourself.

not worth arguing about

weklfrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 12:46 PM) [snapback]585913[/snapback]
not worth arguing about

yet you will continue to do so to every response.

Burner1

Tier 1
I doubt that we will see Cole again. I expect they'll throw Rasmussen Friday and Bauer Saturday if needed. That would leave them with their regular rotation set up for the championship series next week. Their three starters are pretty much interchangeable, like ours.

Got to get through FSU before anything else, though.