• The KillerFrogs

College Game Day Announces for Week 4... and it is not TCUvsOSU

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Honestly thought he was supposed to retire like 4 seasons ago. I guess I've just imagined they've announced his retirement.

You may be onto something. He may well have been "retired "4 years ago, and just keeps showing up. Maybe they just need to fix the glitch.

med_1448130139_image.jpg

P

purplePPO

Would rather have them in Fort Worth for TCU-Baylor. They could spend an hour talking about the rape scandal then discuss in depth about how TCU will hold their face down in the mud.

It will never happen. 0-11 Baylor at 11-0 TCU are not ratings grabber. Go Frogs!

SeniorFrog

Game Day hasn't been on a Big 12 campus since Bedlam in 2015.

Since then they have been on the following campuses to date:

SEC - (4) - Tennessee, Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU
Big 10 - (4)- Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, OSU
ACC - (3) - Louisville, Clemson, Louisville
PAC 12 - (2) - Utah, Washington
MAC - (1) - Western Michigan

mesohornedfrog

Tough crowd, I personally love gameday, especially compared to the atrocity of NFL preview shows. Maybe I'm just an alcoholic, but I love waking up, cracking a beer and having gameday on in the background while I get ready to head to a TCU game or do crap around the house before kickoff.

It's always good for a local story and a couple laughs at Kirk having to complete all of Corso's 'thoughts' on the games. The NYC decision is crap, as they are probably saving OKST for Bedlam and didn't want to go twice, but the show is still by far the best roundtable show out there.

TCUdirtbag

I think there's a great chance they go to the Big 12 Championship game IF the game is on Saturday. I don't believe a date has been set (Friday or Saturday).

FOX and ESPN are alternating carrying the game. This is a FOX year, and FOX has B1G contractually locked in at 7 pm CT on Saturday. So the Big 12 title could be Friday night on FOX primetime, Saturday afternoon on FOX, or Saturday night on FS1 in primetime.

FWIW, ACC is locked in Saturday primetime (ESPN/ABC), so I doubt FOX will try to compete with both by throwing a nearly guaranteed top-10 matchup to FS1. We'll likely be on FOX against the SEC championship on CBS at 3 pm Saturday or on FOX against the PAC-12 championship on ABC/ESPN on Friday night. Worst case, IMO, is FOX could put it at 11 am Saturday. No power 5 games to compete with.

Last edited:

HToady

I don't know why Fox hasn't taken them on with a similar format. They could talk about sports and hire some articulate and knowledgeable announcers, and hotter women.

HoustonHornedFrog

What a lame idea.

"No one can know for sure if those options were considered, but it should be interesting to see what kind of crowd GameDay can get in a city like New York City."

And just what does the writer mean by "a city like New York City?" Maybe this is a test to see whether they should take GameDay to another city like New York City, maybe London or Tokyo, both being major international cities which aren't hosting important college football games.

HToady

What a lame idea.

"No one can know for sure if those options were considered, but it should be interesting to see what kind of crowd GameDay can get in a city like New York City."

And just what does the writer mean by "a city like New York City?" Maybe this is a test to see whether they should take GameDay to another city like New York City, maybe London or Tokyo, both being major international cities which aren't hosting important college football games.
In the Disney fashion, they are giving equal time to people who don't watch football. They will be picking Broadway shows instead of football games on Saturday, and the guest picker will be Lin Manuel Maranda.....

Chongo94

I don't know why Fox hasn't taken them on with a similar format. They could talk about sports and hire some articulate and knowledgeable announcers, and hotter women.

Not college specific, but remember the show, "The Best Damn Sports Show" that they aired? I loved that show. They should've kept it on. Plus, Lee Ann Tweeden makes any sports show better...

FROG PARENTS 1961

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
September 14, 2017 9:44 am

College GameDay announces surprise destination for Week 4

ESPN’s College GameDay usually doesn’t announce where it’s headed each week until most of the big matchups are finished up for the current week. However, they made an exception this week as they already announced a destination for Week 4.

Click here to read more.

Actually GameDay is in Louisville not New York