• The KillerFrogs

College Game Day Announces for Week 4... and it is not TCUvsOSU

FROG PARENTS 1961

That's really weird. IMO the show has lost its way since Fowler left. Reece Davis isn't very good, the extra hour is unnecessary, all the talk about the spread and betting isn't really what CFB is all about, and all these neutral (non?) site destinations suck. Go to campuses. Lots of different ones. Highlight the host school. Talk about the games. Don't talk about the playoff all the freaking time. Make it fun again.

That said, it's still the only relevant game day pre-games show in any sport. I'm sure the ratings are great. The concept and framework for a great show are still there. Howard, Pollack and Herbstreit are fine. Retire Corso and bring in someone else for the "old man" role and get rid by Davis and the junk listed above. It can still work and be relevant.

If i was an OSU fan I'd be pissed. As a TCU fan, I'm glad to not have that added to the game.

Retire Corso? who will put on the SUPER FROG head.

Tom Brown

Meh. The show is garbage. It creates an awesome game day environment on the campus on which it is shot, for that particular day, but otherwise the entire show is garbage. I haven't watched it in years, just like other than live games, I haven't watched a single program on ESPN in years.

And for this particular game? I'd rather the Pokes not get more riled up than they already are. TCU is going to have its hands full in Stillwater, and will be very fortunate to come out with a win from a place that they've never won as a B12 member, against an outstanding team. Not providing even more steam to the campus with GameDay is just fine with me.

I agree but i do like the feel good or tradition stories.

Corso has got to go.

Ray Finkle

Newwww York City?!

Get a rope.

#pacepicante
#hideep

We went to a friend's place in Durango and there were a couple of cowboys out stringing fence. My father turned to me and said, "That guy looks like a real cowboy." We get up to our friend's house and my dad mentions it to him. Our friend replied, "Oh, you know him. He was the guy on the Pace Picante Sauce commercials."

SnoSki

That's really weird. IMO the show has lost its way since Fowler left. Reece Davis isn't very good, the extra hour is unnecessary, all the talk about the spread and betting isn't really what CFB is all about, and all these neutral (non?) site destinations suck. Go to campuses. Lots of different ones. Highlight the host school. Talk about the games. Don't talk about the playoff all the freaking time. Make it fun again.

That said, it's still the only relevant game day pre-games show in any sport. I'm sure the ratings are great. The concept and framework for a great show are still there. Howard, Pollack and Herbstreit are fine. Retire Corso and bring in someone else for the "old man" role and get rid by Davis and the junk listed above. It can still work and be relevant.

If i was an OSU fan I'd be pissed. As a TCU fan, I'm glad to not have that added to the game.

Bingo, yes to all of the above. Funny how espn is shedding viewers and keeps trying different things to attract new ones but they can't think to stop and ask the viewer what they want.

TCUSA

Used to get up early Saturdays just to hear the intro...until they got more concerned with the diversity of the intro than the music. That's when I knew they were headed for the dumpster.

TCUdirtbag

Used to get up early Saturdays just to hear the intro...until they got more concerned with the diversity of the intro than the music. That's when I knew they were headed for the dumpster.

Not following. Is this a complaint about the same intro song they use every week for a college football preview show?

Dogfrog

Bingo, yes to all of the above. Funny how espn is shedding viewers and keeps trying different things to attract new ones but they can't think to stop and ask the viewer what they want.

Correct. They don't ask what the viewer wants because they know what the viewer needs.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It's going to be awesome when the whole crowd around the Gameday set looks like this:

109893906.jpg

cheese83

It's almost as if ESPN is trying to make things harder than they need to be. The formula is simple and they want to get away from what has worked in the past. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Wexahu

It's almost as if ESPN is trying to make things harder than they need to be. The formula is simple and they want to get away from what has worked in the past. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There is definitely some "let's try something different" at play here for what would seem like no apparent reason. They have (or had) a great formula, it's not like they go to the same place so many times that it gets stale. Just have a good variety of venues and regions of the country represented, go to a campus during the week of a big game, do the show, and do it again the next week. It works.