• The KillerFrogs

College Game Day Announces for Week 4... and it is not TCUvsOSU

TCU_backer

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
September 14, 2017 9:44 am

College GameDay announces surprise destination for Week 4

ESPN’s College GameDay usually doesn’t announce where it’s headed each week until most of the big matchups are finished up for the current week. However, they made an exception this week as they already announced a destination for Week 4.

Click here to read more.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Meh. The show is garbage. It creates an awesome game day environment on the campus on which it is shot, for that particular day, but otherwise the entire show is garbage. I haven't watched it in years, just like other than live games, I haven't watched a single program on ESPN in years.

And for this particular game? I'd rather the Pokes not get more riled up than they already are. TCU is going to have its hands full in Stillwater, and will be very fortunate to come out with a win from a place that they've never won as a B12 member, against an outstanding team. Not providing even more steam to the campus with GameDay is just fine with me.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
COLLEGE FOOTBALL
September 14, 2017 9:44 am

College GameDay announces surprise destination for Week 4

ESPN’s College GameDay usually doesn’t announce where it’s headed each week until most of the big matchups are finished up for the current week. However, they made an exception this week as they already announced a destination for Week 4.

Click here to read more.

Newwww York City?!

Get a rope.

#pacepicante
#hideep

Planks

This feels like one of those decisions made because a spreadsheet says NYC's per capita viewership of ESPN college football is far too low.

TCUdirtbag

That's really weird. IMO the show has lost its way since Fowler left. Reece Davis isn't very good, the extra hour is unnecessary, all the talk about the spread and betting isn't really what CFB is all about, and all these neutral (non?) site destinations suck. Go to campuses. Lots of different ones. Highlight the host school. Talk about the games. Don't talk about the playoff all the freaking time. Make it fun again.

That said, it's still the only relevant game day pre-games show in any sport. I'm sure the ratings are great. The concept and framework for a great show are still there. Howard, Pollack and Herbstreit are fine. Retire Corso and bring in someone else for the "old man" role and get rid by Davis and the junk listed above. It can still work and be relevant.

If i was an OSU fan I'd be pissed. As a TCU fan, I'm glad to not have that added to the game.

Evlo59

Disagree on the betting as noted ^^, aside from TCU (since I dont bet on my own team) every game is a revenue opportunity. Far more than the NFL

TCUdirtbag

Rather have Gameday later in the year at Norman when the Horned Frogs are rolling toward the top 4

I always prefer we not face gameday on the road. Riles up the home crowd even more.

Competing with FSU at Clemson that weekend, FWIW.

If we somehow get to 4-0 and WVU can crack the top 25 with wins over Delaware state and Kansas, it's not entirely impossible that they could show up in Fort Worth on October 7 (Miami at FSU, Michigan St at Michigan, Wisconsin at Nebraska, Wazzu at Oregon, Cal at Washington, LSU at Florida)

Last edited: