• The KillerFrogs

Cincinnati Bengals players want Kaepernick

ftwfrog

I have no problem with Colin kapernick. What he does, I don't agree with, but certain fans treat him like a murdering, raping, dog killer. Hell, I had a lot more problem with what Michael Vick did and he was back in the league after a year.

I do have a problem with players calling for another QB. Darn you Bengals, and after Andy leaves I hope you go back into the bowels of garbage that you were before he arrived.

Zubaz

If they were going to make the decision to sit Andy, they have a cheaper QB that is better suited for their offense already on the team in McCarron, and that's without getting in to the press attention that comes with signing Kaep.

frogs9497

I have no problem with Colin kapernick. What he does, I don't agree with, but certain fans treat him like a murdering, raping, dog killer. Hell, I had a lot more problem with what Michael Vick did and he was back in the league after a year.

I do have a problem with players calling for another QB. Darn you Bengals, and after Andy leaves I hope you go back into the bowels of garbage that you were before he arrived.

This is how I feel as well.

Not a Vick fan.

I should probably let it go, but I still have some appreciation of CK for helping align the stars that got us into the Rose Bowl. I don't agree with his political statements, but respect his right to be wrong.

As for Andy, if he is surrounded with "teammates" who want him gone, I say screw them.

Last edited:

f_399

Financially, Dalton should be set for life.

Why stay in an organization that doesn't want him there.

Move elsewhere even as a backup, maybe Houston or Dallas to be close to home?

If that doesn't work out, retire. Move back to Fort Worth.

HeidelFrog

Andy Dalton has 3 Pro Bowls, last one was in 2016. He didn't just forget how to play. He may be having a down year but he still is a good QB. Bengals lost a lot of talent on the offensive line and employed a below average OC(recently fired). I would love to see him go elsewhere, somewhere he can get over that playoff game hump. The Bengals owner is cheap.
He doesn't care about anything but making $$.

MTfrog5

Andy Dalton has 3 Pro Bowls, last one was in 2016. He didn't just forget how to play. He may be having a down year but he still is a good QB. Bengals lost a lot of talent on the offensive line and a employed a below average OC(recently fired). I would love to see him go elsewhere, somewhere were he can get over that playoff game hump. The Bengals owner is cheap.
He doesn't care about anything but making $$.
Got in an argument about Dalton today at work. They were saying he sucks so I asked them to name one other WR on the team besides Green. They couldn't which proved my point that he has absolutely nobody around him besides Green. I can't wait to see Dalton leave that place and get on a really team.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I think they have probably received a fair value out of a second round pick.

It would probably really work out well to bring in a guy that hasn't been on a football field in over a year.

TRF51

He has played bad thus far this year, coming off a down year last year. I get the online has had issues but you still need to produce and he has failed to do so recently. He will bounce back.
On what the players are saying, I don't see many high character guys on the roster so that is what I would expect.

LisaLT

It's definitely going to be a tough year for Dalton and the Bengals. Pittsburgh and Baltimore will fight it out for the division. If AD is going to move on, it'll be next year. Many teams could use a veteran QB (San Fran, NYJ for example). I'm thinking the coach may get canned as well.

LisaLT

Furthermore I don't know that Kap is going to be some savior quarterback. He would still have to run the offense behind a suspect OL and lack of skill players. I don't think he'll do much better there. NYJ fans want the same thing, but in that case Kap might be better than 105 year old Josh McCown and the back ups.

HeidelFrog

Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens were about to sign him, then his girlfriend sent out a tweet calling the teams owner "a slave owner". They ended up not signing him.

He is almost 30 years old, has never made a Pro Bowl and was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert the last year he played in the league. His best playing days are probably behind him and they were ok but not great. Add in the political debate that goes with him and it's not a good recipe for employment.

ShreveFrog

Notice the players calling for Kap are not named. Nor do we know how many. So did one idiot -- like Pac Man or Burfict -- pop off in the lockerroom, and some others around nod in agreement? I wonder how serious this is.

But as the Bengals continue to struggle -- and with that line, they will -- this has potential in this age of social media to divide the team and get ugly with the cast of characters they have.

That said, Lewis may go to McCarron to try to take the heat off himself.

Hopefully, the OC change makes a difference for Andy.

lowfrog

Another article about poor K. K is a weasel, always has been, and really is not a very good or consistent QB. He screwed himself with his protest to avoid being cut from SF when they were approaching the 53 man roster deadline. Was egged on by his girlfriend. Now he can't get a job because the people who actually hire players onto NFL teams don't want to touch him for two good reasons: (1) he's really not very good, and (2) he's a PITA. There's a lot of guys who have not been hired in the NFL who had more talent than K and were good people.

Wexahu

Got in an argument about Dalton today at work. They were saying he sucks so I asked them to name one other WR on the team besides Green. They couldn't which proved my point that he has absolutely nobody around him besides Green. I can't wait to see Dalton leave that place and get on a really team.

He has had above average supporting casts around him during the vast majority of his career, including one of the best WRs in the game. I bet there are quite a few teams that people couldn't name ONE wide receiver on them unless they are into Fantasy Football. He just needs to play better, that's the bottom line. They pay QBs big money to make plays and he's not making enough of them. There are some good WRs out there that nobody knows about because they don't play with a QB that can consistently get them the ball, it works both ways.