• The KillerFrogs

Chris Peterson to Arkansas - Rumor

fanatical frog

It may sway some, but not necessarily all. Being happy and staying that way is under appreciated by most in our culture -especially after you are earning more than you can spend.

During these times, Petersen's son is usually brought up because every school has a world class medical center that can take care of the 'special needs' son. Sam has been in remission from his cancer for many years and requires no special treatment. I imagine having a child that fights and beats cancer changes your perspective on what really matters in life.

We've only been to Boise for a short visit late last fall but loved it. Beautiful country and very gracious people. I can easily understand that anyone would be happy to spend an entire career there. I hope Coach Petersen does stay at Boise and I hope you can improve your conference affilitation. Best wishes for continued success and happiness.

rifram09

I think many of you under-estimate that he is happy where he is doing what he is doing....much like Patterson is.

Underestimate his ability to accomplish his goals at your own risk.

Ok man. I hear you. He's your guy. But you have to admit you're a bit nervous with conference realignment treating y'all as bad as it has.

Obvious Troll

No, I don't think you are hearing me. We are not nervous.

If he was leaving, he would have taken Stanford two years ago.

If CP really wants a NC on his resume, it's a 1:Trillion shot at Boise State.
I personally don't want to see CP go anywhere else, but I'm not irrational enough to believe, for any coach LHCGP included, once "no" will always be "no". Times, attitudes and opportunities change.

rifram09

No, I don't think you are hearing me. We are not nervous.

If he was leaving, he would have taken Stanford two years ago.

Ok. I guess I wasn't hearing you. I mistook you for a rational person. Just so you know, your bravado on a message board won't change the fact that Boise's been put in a tough spot, and its not the same job it was 2 years ago. Realignment happened and Boise is on the outside. Sorry. TCU's not completely out of the woods either, but we are in a totally different stratosphere than Boise. With that reality comes the truth that your coach may decide he has to leave. Again, sorry.

Our coach may leave us too one day; and maybe even sooner than anyone around here believes possible. It's the reality of the sport. Hopefully both stay 'til they retire, but one thing is for sure: if you're not worried at all, you're either stupid or aren't being honest with yourself.

BSUFAN9999

I think Petersen and Patterson both stay where they are. I think both realize that if you have a great situation, don't give it up.

If Petersen were to leave, I would expect it after his kids graduate high school in a few years...but at that point he is even more entrenched in the community.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Whistling past the graveyard. Patterson is in a spot to win it all. Petersen is not. It's not in most coaches' interest to settle for second best.

BABYFACE

It would not surprise if Petersen stays entire HC career at BSU. People here tend to forget GP was approached by Minnesota, Arky, Tennesee, Clemson, KSU while TCU was in the MWC.

SnoSki

And while we are at it it's Fuente without the 's'. Can't believe how many on here call him Fuentes. Also no 's' on the end of Kroger.

While we're on that note, there's only ONE "S" in New Braunfels!

My wife grew up there and since we've been together I can't help but notice how often people call it "New BraunSfel" or "New Braunsfels"...

TCUSA

Yeah--MNC isn't a driving force for all coaches--it's obviously not THE driving force for GP, or he would have left when we were in the MWC. In fact, I'd bet his desire for a national championship is a distant 4th or even lower on the things he wants out of life. It's tops on his list for what he wants for TCU, but that's because he loves the school--not for what it does for him personally. At least that's the way I read his decisions and behavior thus far.