• The KillerFrogs

CDC sighting

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Neiman’s is awesome. Knew a salesperson there that was a valuable ally in all things gift-related for Mrs Pharm. She’d call a couple of weeks before the birthday, anniversary, Valentines Day, and Mother’s Day with some gift ideas. Would you go pick it up already wrapped. Amazing service.
They are good and have my wife pegged. She gets those calls from them and when they come, I just hide the credit cards

BABYFACE

Back in my single days, there was a gal that worked at Neiman’s that would always call me right before a sale started. Saved big money on half price during their November close out. She always let me know when to come in so I Be want the first to peruse the sale items. Yep, don’t do that anymore.

Pharm Frog

Back in my single days, there was a gal that worked at Neiman’s that would always call me right before a sale started. Saved big money on half price during their November close out. She always let me know when to come in so I Be want the first to peruse the sale items. Yep, don’t do that anymore.

If Von Maur ever makes it to Texas you’ll like that store. They will do what you describe AND with much more reasonable pricing.

Pharm Frog

Got one, just Macy’s with a different name...

Not sure where you are but the Von Maur near us is significantly closer to a Nordstrom's-like experience than a Macy's (although Macy's seem to be highly variable in their quality and customer experience -- been in impressive ones and been in some that have the look and feel of a slightly better J C Penneys).

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Not sure where you are but the Von Maur near us is significantly closer to a Nordstrom's-like experience than a Macy's (although Macy's seem to be highly variable in their quality and customer experience -- been in impressive ones and been in some that have the look and feel of a slightly better J C Penneys).

In Indy Von Maur and Nordstrom’s hold themselves out to be a cut above. I just don’t see a big difference, though.

So I’m not disagreeing. But I don’t spend a lot of time in any of them, so I will defer to you.

Pharm Frog

In Indy Von Maur and Nordstrom’s hold themselves out to be a cut above. I just don’t see a big difference, though.

So I’m not disagreeing. But I don’t spend a lot of time in any of them, so I will defer to you.

They closed the Macy's down here because it looked like a clearance center for crap and employee theft was off-the-charts. My cohort in the Neeley EMBA had a project with Neiman's which made me far more aware of these retail enterprises than I want to be. Mrs. Pharm and I walked into that Northeast Mall through Nordstrom's last summer and was shocked at how it had deteriorated. Hope it regained its bearing. Conversely, we were in a Nordstrom's in the Woodlands in November and it was fantastic.

Jet Set Frog

What in the blue hell is going on around here!?!?!?!?