• The KillerFrogs

Capital Campaign Update

toad horny

Dear Colleagues,

It is a great pleasure to announce that as of today we have surpassed The Campaign for TCU goal of $250 million – two years ahead of schedule. Gifts and pledges now total $267.6 million.

This is truly a historic moment for the University. I’d like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to the hundreds of individuals in the TCU community who have supported the campaign.

Alumni and other friends have provided resources that have enabled us to build outstanding facilities, provide significant endowment support, develop academic programs such as the John V. Roach Honors College and the Andrews Institute of Mathematics & Science Education, add a dozen new endowed chairs and professorships, and much more.

However, we cannot rest on these accomplishments. As the campaign has progressed, additional challenges and opportunities have arisen. For example, the need for new scholarship funds has grown significantly. The Campaign Scholarship Initiative has raised more than $60 million of its $100 million goal. Now, we must maintain our momentum to reach or exceed this goal, as well as raise additional funds for academic programs, renovation of Amon G. Carter Stadium and other important initiatives.

Again, thank you for all you do for this university!

Victor Boschini

YA

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 11:02 AM) [snapback]585804[/snapback]
right now, I am worried about the stadium

plenty of issues right now. down to the wire.

Dogfrog

Timing would be good for ground breaking date announcement. Houston got a bunch of PR out of merely announcing "plans" with artists rendering and no funding to date.

gdu

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 11:05 AM) [snapback]585807[/snapback]
plenty of issues right now. down to the wire.

hence my concern. The conference realignmnet stuff could not have helped.

Big Frog II

I think they will announce about the stadium groundbreaking after baseball season is over. It wouldn't be fair to steal their thunder.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 22 2010, 11:21 AM) [snapback]585823[/snapback]
I think they will announce about the stadium groundbreaking after baseball season is over. It wouldn't be fair to steal their thunder.

Good point.

BN to sponser the FrogHorn? :biggrin:

talor

So that one campaign has an extra $17.6 million dollars? Just slosh that on over to the stadium fund and call it even.

SnoSki

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Jun 22 2010, 11:26 AM) [snapback]585828[/snapback]
So that one campaign has an extra $17.6 million dollars? Just slosh that on over to the stadium fund and call it even.

Probably earmarked for academics only.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 22 2010, 12:05 PM) [snapback]585843[/snapback]
Probably earmarked for academics only.

At a university with a Top 10 football team?

SnoSki

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 22 2010, 12:07 PM) [snapback]585845[/snapback]
At a university with a Top 10 football team?

Yep-- if the donors wanted their "Campaign for TCU" dollars to go to a football stadium, they would've contacted Del Conte and donated to that. Not speaking from experience obviously, but people with that sort of money often know exactly what they want to donate to.

Big Frog II

I also think TCU wanted to announce they had gone over the $250 million goal so when they announce the start of the new football stadium, the academics will not complain about the stadium efforts undermining the academic campaign already underway.

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 11:02 AM) [snapback]585804[/snapback]
right now, I am worried about the stadium

don't worry I'll bet they start construction right after the armed forces bowl..they've got money in hand...

toad horny

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 22 2010, 02:37 PM) [snapback]585907[/snapback]
I also think TCU wanted to announce they had gone over the $250 million goal so when they announce the start of the new football stadium, the academics will not complain about the stadium efforts undermining the academic campaign already underway.

I think you are correct about this as the email I posted went to all TCU faculty and staff.

gdu

QUOTE(forgottenera @ Jun 22 2010, 02:37 PM) [snapback]585908[/snapback]
don't worry I'll bet they start construction right after the armed forces bowl..they've got money in hand...

No, they don't. What they have is commitments over a time period and I never heard that we had the total anyways. But there are other issues like YA mentioned. Was some of the money conditioned? Are those conditions unmet or unlikely to be met? etc...

Big Frog II

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 22 2010, 01:45 PM) [snapback]585912[/snapback]
No, they don't. What they have is commitments over a time period and I never heard that we had the total anyways. But there are other issues like YA mentioned. Was some of the money conditioned? Are those conditions unmet or unlikely to be met? etc...

Well anything is possible. The stock market could drop 2000 points, or we could have a terroist attack. Who knows? Regardless, from what I've heard, I feel postive they will start this November. Of course the fund raising will continue on the stadium so they can pay for the Eastside as well.

gdu

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 22 2010, 02:54 PM) [snapback]585918[/snapback]
Well anything is possible. The stock market could drop 2000 points, or we could have a terroist attack. Who knows? Regardless, from what I've heard, I feel postive they will start this November. Of course the fund raising will continue on the stadium so they can pay for the Eastside as well.

I'm not speaking about things you can't forsee like terrorist attacks.

Dogfrog

If we're talking about contributions based on contingencies out of our control, shame on us if we have counted and reported those toward our progress.