• The KillerFrogs

Can We Please Stop With The Conspiracy Theories

Goo

Anyways, I agreed it could have been handled differently. My point was to people like Goo acting like the kids did nothing wrong. I think I even stated that I had no problem with people questioning the motives of some of the people involved. I am talking about the people taking up for the kids who were obviously doing something illegal.

FYI- Goo NEVER said kids didnt do anything wrong.
I think almost everyone on here agrees with Goo that Police did poor job, drugs found were trivial, and media overblown, TCU is actually relatively clean football program

geno

You're right. I hate to sound like a Chris Rock skit. But I'm more upset with the local MEDIA blowing this thing up, making it look like these kids are criminal masterminds, flashing the TCU logo with handcuffs drapped across, calling it a "drug scandal". This isn't the end of the world. These kids messed up, these kids need to be out of school and yes it should have been handled differently.

What??!! You think the local media is blowing this thing up? Just because the Startlegram has had the story FOR FIVE CONSECUTIVE DAYS on their front page? The financial crisis in Greece hasn't been on it, the crisis with Iran's nuclear power hasn't been on it, the Republican in-house quarrel hasn't been on it, but THANK GOD, we've had five days of front page Startlegram coverage, not to mention the seven (7) Startlegram sports reporters columns on same. Come on, what do you mean "local media blowing this thing up"??

Goo

Has this gotten more coverage than Rose Bowl win?

Ala Duke national championship overshadowed by fictitious lacrosse rape

mrnicefrog

FWIW, I've had this conversation with my GF many times. I maintain that men with dark black or dark red skin can make a yellow sports car work without being a doosh, especially if they are foreign. She, in consultation with all other women that she knows, disagrees: They consider it the sign of the doosh.
how old are these women?

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I dunno. I remember some redneck kids in my hometown out in the country that had that type of car. In the city the are Asian. In the country they are rednecks.

mrnicefrog

FWIW, I actually don't drive a yellow corvette.

When we went to the Fiesta Bowl, I followed CGP's orders to "spend money" and rented a yellow "Hertz Edition" Corvette for the trip. I put TCU stickers all over it; some if you probably saw it at the pep rally. We dove it up to the Grand Canyon too; it was a blast. The best part was rolling up to stop lights next to Boise St fans. I'd point to the TCU on my hat, then blow past them.

The picture I posted was from the trip.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
FWIW, I actually don't drive a yellow corvette.

When we went to the Fiesta Bowl, I followed CGP's orders to "spend money" and rented a yellow "Hertz Edition" Corvette for the trip. I put TCU stickers all over it; some if you probably saw it at the pep rally. We dove it up to the Grand Canyon too; it was a blast. The best part was rolling up to stop lights next to Boise St fans. I'd point to the TCU on my hat, then blow past them.

The picture I posted was from the trip.

Then I take back my doosh label of you. God I love this board.
:biggrin:
Anyways mrnicefrog, my post towards eastxfrog was really just a dig at him because his sole existence on this board has been to make fun of mentally handicapped kids. Not once, but continued to do it just because he thought it was funny.

mrnicefrog

Then I take back my doosh label of you. God I love this board.
:biggrin:
Anyways mrnicefrog, my post towards eastxfrog was really just a dig at him because his sole existence on this board has been to make fun of mentally handicapped kids. Not once, but continued to do it just because he thought it was funny.

ok; I'll take back my doosh label too. Making fun of handicap kids is not cool

and I agree, a yellow corvette is kinda doosh; other less "look at me" colors are okay

BleedNPurple

I think when my 79 year old father in law and 86 year old aunt ask me about the TCU scandel and then proceed to tell me it's ridiculous and weed should be legalized then it is probably time. They compared it to prohibition.

asleep003

We have different views on this.

Heck, the guy on ESPN radio was shocked that 5 out if 120 players smoked pot.

I remain firm on my position that this isn't a big deal and police made headline grab out of nothing.

Fact:
Only 5 players smoked pot, not the sensation "82" that police and media used as fact
Police claimed "these were all known drug users" when none had criminal record
Police accused Austin Carpenter, which was totally fabricated
In 6 month sting campus police never informed school, their boss
In 6 month stung, less than one pound of marijuana was found
In 6 month sting, largest deal was $200
We all know you could go to any college campus and find somebody selling $20 bags of weed.
TCU police posted yearbook pictures of suspects to media
TCU still the only team in Top 25 with no players with criminal records
GP was the definition of proactive on this!
Police work was laughable and this never should have been presented to media the way UT was. As DMN states, TCU has the fewest drug arrests of any major college in Texas but due to campus police sensational claims of 82 football players and major narcotics ring... They have given our school the Drug King label
Seriuosly doubt only 5 football players smoke pot off season, tests or no test. Does it really make any diference if it were 15 or 25.... not to most of us. Sure more than those numbers(if not caught up with all classes) are on speed during finals. It didn't work for me well(low tolerance to it) but seemed to work for others.... though those dudes looked pretty strung out during and after finals. Not suggesting any thing, except drugs are a common thing at this level of education ...and whether 5 or 35 Football players smoke pot off season is worthless information today, as sure most all of those that do, are weekend recreational users...

Cheers !

YA

Please do us all a favor and quit posting for a couple of weeks.

Continuing to rub salt in our wounds is a poor reflection on your character, and contributes nothing to this forum.

Your joy in our misery has been duly noted...numerous times. You've crossed the line into obsession now, and it's pathetic.
I'm glad someone else sees through his posts of late. He hopes it helps tech at our expense.