• The KillerFrogs

Cam Newton bribe recording

ACroofrog

No offense to Goo but I must say I doubted him when he first posted this but to have it basically confirmed by seperate sources on ESPN less then 12 hours later certainly lends credence to Goo. This will be interesting to see what happens, these investigations usually drag out a long time so on the surface you wouldnt think anything would be decided by the end of the year, but if there is an actual tape of it then that may change everything.

Deep Purple

pretty pathetic attempt goo, even for you, the only person know for spewing more garbage without backing is gunner!
Oh come on.... Don't sell yourself short. You're right up there with them. Right in step with all tunnel-visioned homers. At least have the personal integrity to admit it. Your garbage is simply red rather than purple. We know it. You know it. We all know it. Why not admit the obvious?

Anyway, we now have independent confirmation of Goo's report. That's quite a bit more than we get for most of the crap you spew. How does it feel to have less credibility than Goo or Gunner?

Nick Danger

if it true why was this not release at the beginning of the year. Apparently the only reason this is coming out now is because of the fact AU is # 2 and Cam is #1 for the Heisman

He made a mistake if true but a NT run no reason why ANYONE should wish that a players life get ruined thats awful

Ah! The old "disregard the evidence because it came from a disgruntled employee" defense. Why someone comes forward with evidence should have no bearing on whether it's accurate or not!

dweller

Okay, when the story was his dad and some agent shopping I could buy that Cam may not have known. The question I had then was did Auburn pay? If Auburn did povide money to his dad then Auburn should be punished, and Cam should be able to transfer to another school. The latest accusations emerging change everything. If true, Cam should be banned from competeing. Auburn should be hit with penalties, and his father and the agent should be jailed. Just my opinion.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1289371167' post='686188']
1998 guests are currently reading this topic. Holy smokes.
[/quote]

I think the reason they are reading this topic is because of your avatar. The headline draws them in, and then one just can't stop looking at that animation. It's mesmerizing.

HFrog1999

Let's just hope Georgia or Bama beats Auburn and this goes away. The worst thing that can happen is that Auburn goes to the fake Bc$ championship game and 5 years later we find out he's guilty.

dweller

Now I don't like the idea of schools cheating, especially when they are ranked ahead of us. However, I don't think they've been accused of doing anything illegal.
I know, that is the problem, the NCAA pays lip service, takes years to decide if they need to punish, the players who are guilty are long gone from college, usally the coach has moved to another school (aka Jackie Sherril) and the kids punished were not even there when the cheating occurred.

Goo

ESPN now breaking the story.....2 days after Goo
What now bitchez?

Kenny Rogers confirmed on 103.3 ESPN just said he left a voicemail for MSU booster Bill Bell regarding the Cam Newton, pay to play incident. Bill Bell is a roofing contractor in the Destin area. Since the story began, Bell has left for a vacation in Costa Rica and can't be reached.

Goo

From ESPN:

Rogers said he was referred to a Mississippi State booster named Bill Bell. Rogers said he left Bell a message telling him he was with Cecil Newton, who wanted to know if the deal was going to happen.

Bell, when contacted Thursday night by ESPN.com, confirmed Cecil Newton did ask for money in exchange for Cam Newton signing with Mississippi State. Bell said he was contacted by the NCAA about the matter and spoke to an investigator earlier this week.

"That's all I want to say about it at this point," Bell said.

Bell, a Florida resident, was an offensive lineman at Mississippi State in the early 1980s and played with Rogers.

SnoSki

From ESPN:

Rogers said he was referred to a Mississippi State booster named Bill Bell. Rogers said he left Bell a message telling him he was with Cecil Newton, who wanted to know if the deal was going to happen.

Bell, when contacted Thursday night by ESPN.com, confirmed Cecil Newton did ask for money in exchange for Cam Newton signing with Mississippi State. Bell said he was contacted by the NCAA about the matter and spoke to an investigator earlier this week.

"That's all I want to say about it at this point," Bell said.

Bell, a Florida resident, was an offensive lineman at Mississippi State in the early 1980s and played with Rogers.

Well that's a good sign I guess.