• The KillerFrogs

BSB: Sunday 2/18 Game Thread - #3 TCU at Grand Canyon

So? And he will freak about all of them probably - as much his right to do it as it is yours to not do it

I guess if he comes on here and tells you to every game you call him out it will be ok with you?

Because we all know you and a few others are going to tell anyone that does they are wrong and should just chill

The problem with Maniac and many others is that they invest way too much of their personal happiness into the success of TCU. For me, TCU's performance, or any other sports team, has very little to do with my personal happiness and fulfillment of life. GP could go down like Briles and TCU could never win a game for the rest of my life and I will still have a life full of happiness, joy and content. It's a damn kids game played by young adults just starting to figure out this crazy-ass world. Life's too short to get hung up on stupid stuff like losing one damn game.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So? And he will freak about all of them probably - as much his right to do it as it is yours to not do it

I guess if he comes on here and tells you to every game you call him out it will be ok with you?

Because we all know you and a few others are going to tell anyone that does they are wrong and should just chill
People complain. People complain about the complaining. Then people complain about complaining about the complaining. Circle of life. One man's melt down in game three is another man's "who gives a [ Finebaum ]?".

It's all just personal perspective. Sometimes you agree with one side other times you have no idea what the hell the other side is thinking. Doesn't mean anyone is better or worse than anyone else. It's just personality types.

We all want the frogs to win.

Casey T

Game day threads, particularly during a loss, are dominated by people who have clearly never played a sport, but expect everything to go as predictably as it does when they play Madden or FIFA on their PlayStations.

I am severly offended, you take that back! Madden and FIFA are anything but predictable!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m just amazed people believed that this team with so many new faces was just going to roll right over everyone without allowing just a little bit for nerves and jitters for those playing in the first games...on the road. There just may be a chance that this team might improve as they get their feet under them.

Moose Stuff

So I am curious - do those that feel like they are required to come on here EVERY game and tell others you are overreacting and don’t know crap, embarrassing, etc - also ok with the idea that this type of interaction is generally the only reasons boards like this exist and those people have as much right to overreact as you do to tell them to stop ?

Not sure why someone feels their approach or perspective is any more valid that someone that is freaking out too often and none of those people tell you to start acting out MORE than you do.

Serious question - For example moose, if you hate it and think we are all idiots because we don’t just “ live with it” - then why do you bother responding or even reading the posts? Same with you phormer - what makes your approach better than Maniacs? So he freaks out - it’s a freaking message board...

I would think it’s common sense that keeping a level headed perspective is the preferable approach to having a nervous breakdown. Are you actually asking that question???

And just to be clear, I’m not telling anybody that they aren’t entitled to their reaction or that they should stop. Simply pointing out how ridiculous some of it is. People can post whatever the heck they want and are more than welcome to disagree with anything I say.

CountryFrog

Seems pretty simple. Everyone has the right to come on here and complain to their heart's content, whether it's rational or not. Everyone also has a right to call out those complaints as stupid and unfounded, whether that is actually true or not.

Saying that someone's complaints are totally irrational and a complete overreaction does not equal telling that person they aren't allowed to complain. Just like making irrational complaints about players and coaches does not equal telling those players and coaches that they aren't allowed to be on the team.

I don't know why people who spend so much time griping and complaining about what other people do for a living get so sensitive about other people calling them out for their amateur analysis. It doesn't mean you can't do it, but don't get mad when someone thinks you're being way over the top.

CountryFrog

Same thing with being way over the top positive. If I spent an entire basketball thread talking about how we're going to win the rest of our games all the way to a national title based solely on a 12-0 run in the middle of a game in January then I'll probably get called out for being way over reactionary and over the top about a program that has no recent history of even making the tournament based on far too small of a sample size.

Moose Stuff

Seems pretty simple. Everyone has the right to come on here and complain to their heart's content, whether it's rational or not. Everyone also has a right to call out those complaints as stupid and unfounded, whether that is actually true or not.

Saying that someone's complaints are totally irrational and a complete overreaction does not equal telling that person they aren't allowed to complain. Just like making irrational complaints about players and coaches does not equal telling those players and coaches that they aren't allowed to be on the team.

I don't know why people who spend so much time griping and complaining about what other people do for a living get so sensitive about other people calling them out for their amateur analysis. It doesn't mean you can't do it, but don't get mad when someone thinks you're being way over the top.

It’s kind of like the people that think freedom of speech entitles them to freedom from criticism of said speech. Nope.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
The problem with Maniac and many others is that they invest way too much of their personal happiness into the success of TCU. For me, TCU's performance, or any other sports team, has very little to do with my personal happiness and fulfillment of life. GP could go down like Briles and TCU could never win a game for the rest of my life and I will still have a life full of happiness, joy and content. It's a damn kids game played by young adults just starting to figure out this crazy-ass world. Life's too short to get hung up on stupid stuff like losing one damn game.
giphy.gif

PurpleBlood87

I think his point is that bad play in February is correctable, possibly. If still playing poorly in April/May then it's probably time to go ahead and panic.

In the scheme of seeding all games matter. Hopefully Grand Canyon will have another good season and win a lot of games.

Eight

In the scheme of seeding all games matter. Hopefully Grand Canyon will have another good season and win a lot of games.

holy [ Finebaum ].....3 scheissing games into the season and already seeding talk.

that's it people....rpi is shot, chance of hosting a super is blown, frogs are destined for blue bell, and not sure if we even deserve to host a regional

Peacefrog

Degenerate
holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].....3 scheissing games into the season and already seeding talk.

that's it people....rpi is shot, chance of hosting a super is blown, frogs are destined for blue bell, and not sure if we even deserve to host a regional

That clip gets a like from me every time.

PurpleBlood87

holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].....3 scheissing games into the season and already seeding talk.

Never said that. Just saying it doesn't matter when you lose games they all count the same when it comes to seeding. People act like losing a game in Feb. is no big deal but losing one in April or May is a bigger deal. All depends on the opponent and how they end up playing. If GCU ends up being a team with a bad record that lose could hurt down the road.

Pharm Frog

Never said that. Just saying it doesn't matter when you lose games they all count the same when it comes to seeding. People act like losing a game in Feb. is no big deal but losing one in April or May is a bigger deal. All depends on the opponent and how they end up playing. If GCU ends up being a team with a bad record that lose could hurt down the road.

And if GCU ends up being a very good team with a good record, taking two of three from them on the road will accrue to our benefit. And, losing in April or May is a bigger deal. RPI is a good indicator but it's not determinative and never has been.

Purp

I wouldn't mind ending Aggy baseball again. Post season losses to us are their newest tradition, after all.