• The KillerFrogs

Biggest Game of 2018

SuperTFrog

Just met with some buddies and we are trying to plan a bucket list college football game for 2018. They are not TCU fans but love college football like I do. I won’t miss a home game or Baylor/SMU/Ohio St so my schedule is a bear to work with. Any idea for monster games to go to?

Criteria are that it is a major program (think Blue blood) and it has to be at home (no nuetral site games).

To name a few:
LSU at night at home
Notre Dame at home
Ohio State at home
USC at home

Any must see games you guys can think of?

The Degenerate Frog

- If you have to pick one, I would think it has to be Michigan @ Notre Dame
- Clemson @ A&M (wear orange) would be interesting to watch, but not much of a road trip

Then all of the top notch conference games of course.

finafrog

Just met with some buddies and we are trying to plan a bucket list college football game for 2018. They are not TCU fans but love college football like I do. I won’t miss a home game or Baylor/SMU/Ohio St so my schedule is a bear to work with. Any idea for monster games to go to?

Criteria are that it is a major program (think Blue blood) and it has to be at home (no nuetral site games).

To name a few:
LSU at night at home
Notre Dame at home
Ohio State at home
USC at home

Any must see games you guys can think of?
jan 1 2018, rose bowl and sugar bowl (also the semifinals for cfp)

jan 8 2018, nc game.

monster enough?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Army Navy
Ohio State Michigan
Red River Shootout/Rivalry/Showdown
World's Largert Outdoor Cocktail Party
Iron Bowl
LSU at night (bring an extra liver)

MTfrog5

Any A&M home game. They have the the most rabid fan base in the county I hear.
On a serious note when Ole Miss is good, The Grove is a great environment to tailgate

Ron Swanson

I’ve been to games at LSU and at ND. Both awesome in completely different ways.

If I had to pick, I’d say ND. It’s a great place to watch a game and it’s like a cathedral of CFB. Plus, you could go to an LSU game whenever you want, being one state over.

Limp Lizard

Red River Shootout is unique with the 50/50 split of fans.
And I would think for atmosphere Harvard/Yale should be great, although the quality of football not so much.

Punter1

I used to live in Baton Rouge and going to a night game at Death Valley against a good SEC team is beyond cool.

Its unreal loud, intense and everyone from 80 year old grandmas to high maintenance soccer mom's are into the game yelling on every play. I've been to Super Bowls, World Series, Masters, etc and if I had 1 sporting event to go to before I died it would be a night game at LSU between 2, Top 10 SEC teams.

LeagueCityFrog

A Rose Bowl Game
An Iron Bowl at night in Tuscaloosa
A night game at LSU

Done all three. Good times.

I wish TCU would do a home and home with Va Tech and Penn State and Washington.

JogginFrog

Haven't been to a USC game, but USC-UCLA or USC-Notre Dame would be the ones to go to. They averaged under 70,000 attendance per game last year in a 93,000-seat venue, so even with the pageantry and the iconic Coliseum setting, being there with a good crowd is key.

Along with those mentioned, the Apple Cup is one of the few late-season games where you can count on the game being meaningful in the standings. But next year is in Pullman, so better to save it for another year.

Pharm Frog

Not what some would consider blue-blood but I agree with Peace --

Army v Navy (should be on your bucket list)
Rose Bowl (should be on your bucket list)

And I've been to a Harvard v Yale game...meh.