• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Championship is all we have left

Tom Brown

You guys need to let the playoff hopes die and just enjoy the next 3 or 4 games. We’ve had a good year so far and have quite a bit left to achieve...... beat a couple more big rivals, 10 plus wins, conference championship, New Years Day Bowl, top 10 finish.....

DillyMFdilly

CountryFrog

The OU and WVU football players felt the same way, which is why Baylor had them fighting until the very end of the game. Baylor is bad but they aren’t helpless Kansas bad. I promise you if they play 100% and TCU doesn’t it’s not going to be a TCU blow out.

We need to take them seriously. If we manage to survive Lubbock, it’s important our guys don’t start looking ahead to the CCG.
Yes, obviously the TCU players do have to show up and try. I feel like that goes without saying. We could sit here all day before every game and talk about the importance of not looking ahead to the next opponent, preparing hard, and playing with great effort against every single opponent.

I'm not on the team, though, so I'm not taking 1-10 Baylor the least bit seriously.

CountryFrog

This thinking is what keeps us average. Did the players and coaches think 7-6 would have been a good year? Then we need to clean the whole program. Alabama doesn't think that way. You think tOsu is ok with this season? Bull crap. You think Georgia fans are saying we had a good season, never expected to be no. 1 anyway? Yes, it was not common to think we would be on the cusp of the cfp this year. But we were. And then crapped the bed against isu. Then still had a shot. And failed to show up against the team everyone expected to be at the top of the conference. That is not ok. Had we lost 28-14 but played well, then so be it. Oklahoma kicked our tail. They were better. They executed. But the worst part is they looked like a team that wanted to win and expected to win. We looked like a team that was happy to be there. Bull crap on that.
Yes, the way the fans think has everything to do with the success of a program. If only we were miserable grumps who demanded the firing of coaches after every season that didn't end in a playoff berth then we'd be the next Alabama.