• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Championship is all we have left

Planks

You guys need to let the playoff hopes die and just enjoy the next 3 or 4 games. We’ve had a good year so far and have quite a bit left to achieve...... beat a couple more big rivals, 10 plus wins, conference championship, New Years Day Bowl, top 10 finish.....

Seriously. We have a really good team this year. But this clearly isn't what a national championship TCU team looks like.

If TCU is ever going to win a NC, it's going to come during a season where all the stars align. It's clear that the stars aren't aligned on one side of the ball (for a variety of reasons). It was clear even before last night. And that's OK, we don't need a NC to have a successful season.

There is still a lot to play for, I hope our players see that. Double digit wins, a conference championship, a trip to a NY6 Bowl, top 10.

Some tough games left on our schedule. Tech in Lubbock is always a challenge. And I'm telling you right now, anyone who thinks Baylor is going to come in to AGCS and just rollover is going to be very disappointed. I'm very scared about that game, I hope our guys take Baylor seriously.

SnoSki

If we go 10-2, play in the big 12 title game, then play a NY6 game, you can’t call it anything but doggone good year.

Coming out unranked off of a 6-7 season with a new OC, new OL coach, and an inconsistent qb, I have been quite happy as a whole.

Our guys need to refocus and win these last two and we will see what happens.

Playing a team like ND, Auburn, PSU, USC in a NY6 game would be a blast when you consider our expectations in July. Most thought we were a lock for 7-5 or so.

CountryFrog

Seriously. We have a really good team this year. But this clearly isn't what a national championship TCU team looks like.

If TCU is ever going to win a NC, it's going to come during a season where all the stars align. It's clear that the stars aren't aligned on one side of the ball (for a variety of reasons). It was clear even before last night. And that's OK, we don't need a NC to have a successful season.

There is still a lot to play for, I hope our players see that. Double digit wins, a conference championship, a trip to a NY6 Bowl, top 10.

Some tough games left on our schedule. Tech in Lubbock is always a challenge. And I'm telling you right now, anyone who thinks Baylor is going to come in to AGCS and just rollover is going to be very disappointed. I'm very scared about that game, I hope our guys take Baylor seriously.
No one thinks Baylor is going to roll over, we just know that they are awful. Their 100% effort on every play is still most likely to result in a TCU blowout.

Planks

No one thinks Baylor is going to roll over, we just know that they are awful. Their 100% effort on every play is still most likely to result in a TCU blowout.

The OU and WVU football players felt the same way, which is why Baylor had them fighting until the very end of the game. Baylor is bad but they aren’t helpless Kansas bad. I promise you if they play 100% and TCU doesn’t it’s not going to be a TCU blow out.

We need to take them seriously. If we manage to survive Lubbock, it’s important our guys don’t start looking ahead to the CCG.

Bizarro Frog

I heard we are working on new 1st and goal Wildcat package with our punter at QB having the option to run or punt on every play.

In all seriousness we can still win the Big 12 and there is a good chance a 2 Loss team might make the playoffs this year. It's a long shot but if we take care of business and turn the tables on OU in the Title Game something weird could happen.

ifrog

“Big 12 championship is all we have left”

Imagine reading that post title at the end of last year. 99% of our fans would have never thought that we would be in the running to win the conference. Man our fans can be Debbie downers sometimes. I’m not calling the OP out just FYI.

We still have a lot to play for. Don’t count this group of players out. They are a mature group.

LSU Game Attendee

I'll speculate that GP's gut told him late 2nd qtr that last night wasn't our night. Barring any crazy turnovers or special teams plays, he decided to hunker down in degraded-mode and ride out a semi-"respectable loss" starting with the last punt in the 1st half.

This loss maximizes the chances of CCG victory!

ASSuming frogs can close out TTU and BU, they'll have a better shot in CCG than last night:
-relative friendly confines of Jerryworld
-Morris back ?????
-can truly sell out without concern about another game for several weeks following CCG
-Anderson back????
-Boesen back on the field

Evidence beyond playcalling- CGP didn't even do a wardrobe swap at half time.

NYC Horned Frog

Really? We are way better than Tech... and Baylor. We will get another chance at OU. Yes, we blew it today, but Gary will get another chance to game plan for these guys. This championship game is a mistake for the Big XII, and we are going to wreck havoc on their little coronation party for Oklahoma.

I'm in

cdsfrog

“Big 12 championship is all we have left”

Imagine reading that post title at the end of last year. 99% of our fans would have never thought that we would be in the running to win the conference. Man our fans can be Debbie downers sometimes. I’m not calling the OP out just FYI.

We still have a lot to play for. Don’t count this group of players out. They are a mature group.

Agreed. Pre season on any given year. Ranked in the top 25 (lets say 15th or so in the CCG if we get there) with an opportunity to ruin Baker Mayfields dreams and win a big 12 conference title outright.....few will ever be disappointed with that.

HToady

If we win out and OU wins out, it's the Cotton Bowl either way.
We lose to OU in the title game, OU goes final 4 and we go to the Cotton runner up.
We beat OU in the title game, we go to the Cotton as B12 Champion, and OU goes to Alamo (this is the best scenario)

Frog DJ

If someone had told us beforehand that TCU would be 8-2, and be positioned to appear in the Big XII CCG if they could beat TT and BU to close out the season - don’t you think most of us would have wholeheartedly embraced that without reservation?

I have no problems with those who are disappointed and upset - I was pretty disgusted last night too, but this team has already exceeded expectations for the majority of us. I’m going to focus on the good instead of the bad.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Wexahu

If someone had told us beforehand that TCU would be 8-2, and be positioned to appear in the Big XII CCG if they could beat TT and BU to close out the season - don’t you think most of us would wholeheartedly embraced that without reservation?

I have no problems with those who are disappointed and upset - I was pretty disgusted last night too, but this team has already exceeded expectations for the majority of us. I’m going to focus on the good instead of the bad.

Go Frogs!

Yep, would’ve taken it in a heartbeat. The disappointment comes with how listless we looked last night, it should get you upset. A win against Tech would get us to 9-2 and feeling pretty good again.

Another thing to consider is how the schedule was kind of stacked against us this year. If we can go 10-2 or even 10-3 that will be a GREAT year all things considered.

TCUWIN

what a year it’ll be if we make them b12 championship game. if you would have told anyone on this board at the start of the season that we’d be in the championship game then they would have been thrilled.

bunch of pansies as fans now.

y’all are a beating.
This thinking is what keeps us average. Did the players and coaches think 7-6 would have been a good year? Then we need to clean the whole program. Alabama doesn't think that way. You think tOsu is ok with this season? Bull crap. You think Georgia fans are saying we had a good season, never expected to be no. 1 anyway? Yes, it was not common to think we would be on the cusp of the cfp this year. But we were. And then crapped the bed against isu. Then still had a shot. And failed to show up against the team everyone expected to be at the top of the conference. That is not ok. Had we lost 28-14 but played well, then so be it. Oklahoma kicked our tail. They were better. They executed. But the worst part is they looked like a team that wanted to win and expected to win. We looked like a team that was happy to be there. Bull crap on that.

TCUWIN

I don't disagree expect I don't see us blowing out anyone unless the defense gets lots of turnovers. And we haven't had many lately.