• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Championship is all we have left

Wally the Frog

Not a chance. We're damned lucky to slither by in Lubbock...
Really? We are way better than Tech... and Baylor. We will get another chance at OU. Yes, we blew it today, but Gary will get another chance to game plan for these guys. This championship game is a mistake for the Big XII, and we are going to wreck havoc on their little coronation party for Oklahoma.

Volare

Really? We are way better than Tech... and Baylor. We will get another chance at OU. Yes, we blew it today, but Gary will get another chance to game plan for these guys. This championship game is a mistake for the Big XII, and we are going to wreck havoc on their little coronation party for Oklahoma.

Think the officiating was bad tonight? Just wait! They’ll probably eject the entire o line to start the game.

tcumaniac

best case scenario:
- Alabama wins out (13-0) (knocking out Auburn (9-3) & UGA (11-2) on the way)
- Miami wins out (12-0) (knocking Clemson (11-2) out on the way)
- Wisconsin wins out (13-0) (knocking Michigan and Ohio State out on the way)
- Stanford runs the table and wins the Pac-12 (10-3) (knocking Notre Dame out on the way and leaving the Pac-12 out of the CFP)
- TCU wins out and is Big XII Champ (11-2), leaving us as the only 2-loss conference champion, but the 4th best option for the playoff

so, it’s
1. Alabama (13-0)
2. Miami (12-0)
3. Wisconsin (13-0)
4. TCU (11-2)

left out:
OU (11-2)
UGA (11-2)
Clemson (11-2)
Oklahoma State (10-2)
Penn State (10-2)
Washington (10-2)
Ohio State (10-3)
USC (10-3)
Stanford (10-3)
Auburn (9-3)

So technically, it's possible.

HeidelFrog

Does anyone think this team that played tonight deserves to be in the playoffs? They just seemed flat tonight. A lot of mental errors. A lot of drops, blown coverages, missed tackles, missed blocks, a missed FG and holy penalties....

I just want to see them come out with some ‘spark’ next week. I want to see them flying around the field. I want them to play smarter. Limit the penalties. Catch the ball. Convert the FG. If we lose because the other team is better then I’m fine with that. But this team did not play anywhere close to their ability tonight. That’s frustrating to watch.

HeidelFrog

best case scenario:
- Alabama wins out (13-0) (knocking out Auburn (9-3) & UGA (11-2) on the way)
- Miami wins out (12-0) (knocking Clemson (11-2) out on the way)
- Wisconsin wins out (13-0) (knocking Michigan and Ohio State out on the way)
- Stanford runs the table and wins the Pac-12 (10-3) (knocking Notre Dame out on the way and leaving the Pac-12 out of the CFP)
- TCU wins out and is Big XII Champ (11-2), leaving us as the only 2-loss conference champion, but the 4th best option for the playoff

so, it’s
1. Alabama (13-0)
2. Miami (12-0)
3. Wisconsin (13-0)
4. TCU (11-2)

left out:
OU (11-2)
UGA (11-2)
Clemson (11-2)
Oklahoma State (10-2)
Penn State (10-2)
Washington (10-2)
Ohio State (10-3)
USC (10-3)
Stanford (10-3)
Auburn (9-3)

So technically, it's possible.
I like your math.

tcumaniac

Does anyone think this team that played tonight deserves to be in the playoffs? They just seemed flat tonight. A lot of mental errors. A lot of drops, blown coverages, missed tackles, missed blocks, a missed FG and holy penalties....

I just want to see them come out with some ‘spark’ next week. I want to see them flying around the field. I want them to play smarter. Limit the penalties. Catch the ball. Convert the FG. If we lose because the other team is better then I’m fine with that. But this team did not play anywhere close to their ability tonight. That’s frustrating to watch.

No. We looked pathetic. And our coaching was atrocious. And without Anderson, I think we're done. I was just saying it's technically possible.

f_399

We would have to blow out OU, if not, this would be like last years Ohio state vs Penn state.

We need OU to lose 1 more game, most likely to WVU had then we beat them in Arlington.

In fact, I think we need to blow out tech and Baylor in the process.

Plus add a little more chaos to even have a shot at the playoffs.

I am fine with a big 12 championship and a ny6 bowl.

LeagueCityFrog

I think it's going to be ACC champ, SEC champ, Big Ten champ, and Big XII champ. Frogs need to regroup fast. Alamo bowl taught me a great lesson in never, ever quiting. If OU comes in ranked #2, with the Heisman winner in tow and we beat them in a Jerry World half filled with purple and we will be in the playoff. We need much improved play on the offensive line if we are going to get to that prospect.

frognutz

At least we screwed ourselves out of the CFP this go around.

Also what we saw tonight may move up HCGMFP's retirement a few years which is sad.