• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

The "overrated" chant is bush league in any circumstance, IMO. However, it's especially bush league when you chant it AFTER YOU [ farging ] LOSE.

"Well, you didn't kick my ass as bad as everyone thought you would, so the joke's on you!" How embarrassing.
Ditto. Last time I heard it a fat-arsed Minnesota fan was screaming it at Boykin after TCU beat them up there

tcumaniac

The "overrated" chant is bush league in any circumstance, IMO. However, it's especially bush league when you chant it AFTER YOU [ farging ] LOSE.

"Well, you didn't kick my ass as bad as everyone thought you would, so the joke's on you!" How embarrassing.

I don't disagree with your overall point, but to be fair, this was a big accomplishment for Baylor fans.

Chanting overrated even after losing is a sign that the little dorks may actually be starting to have some self-awareness after all...self-awareness that they are back to being the doormat of the conference. And as the doormat of the conference, it makes perfect sense to chant “overrated” after a close loss against a Top 5 team.

TCURiggs

I don't disagree with your overall point, but to be fair, this was a big accomplishment for Baylor fans.

Chanting overrated even after losing is a sign that the little dorks may actually be starting to have some self-awareness after all...self-awareness that they are back to being the doormat of the conference. And as the doormat of the conference, it makes perfect sense to chant “overrated” after a close loss against a Top 5 team.

I understand why they did it, but I still hate that chant. It somewhat diminshes what your team just accomplished, since you're basically saying "it can't be that our team mignt be better than we thought, so it has to be that y'all just weren't as good as everyone thought."

And they scheissing lost and still did it!!!!

Bob Sugar

I understand why they did it, but I still hate that chant. It somewhat diminshes what your team just accomplished, since you're basically saying "it can't be that our team mignt be better than we thought, so it has to be that y'all just weren't as good as everyone thought."

And they [ farging ] lost and still did it!!!!
It was awesome when we started the over-rated chant at AGC Stadium after beating up on pre-season #1 Arizona a few years back...

stbrab

And they [ farging ] lost and still did it!!!!
They "Baylored"...they are what they are.

Jet Set Frog

They "Baylored"...they are what they are.

tenor.gif

SwissArmyFrog

Generally, I would agree with you. Here, I thought it was funny.

Froginbedford

Every so often I look on Youtube to see if there are any highlights of that game. Hard loss to take, but I still remember one of the safeties when our DL completely imploded their OL.

At least one of the safeties was scored by one of the Schobels, don't remember which....And a wide-open receiver dropped a pass in the last minute-plus, which could have won the game....

Bob Sugar

Every so often I look on Youtube to see if there are any highlights of that game. Hard loss to take, but I still remember one of the safeties when our DL completely imploded their OL.
Yep. For those who do not recall, the overrated chants started early in the 3rd quarter. The, as the AP article states: "Three touchdown passes from backup Ortege Jenkins in a 3:46 span in the third quarter allowed the Arizona (1-1) to turn what had been a 25-7 deficit into a 28-25 lead."

Froglaw

Waco Tribune Herald

Garland's Email Shows Baylor Culture of Victim-Blaming, Title IX Plaintiffs Say

Then-Baylor University interim President David Garland cited Scripture while writing that victims of sexual assault “seem willingly to make themselves victims” in a 2016 email to a senior administrator, according to documents filed late Wednesday in a Title IX lawsuit against the university. Garland sent the message to Vice President for Student Life Kevin Jackson after he said he listened to a radio interview with Sarah Hepola, an acclaimed writer and the author of “Blackout: Remembering Things I Drank to Forget,” a book chronicling her alcoholism while in college. Hepola spoke to Baylor students in February. He then cited verses in the New Testament book of Romans that refer to God’s wrath on those who commit sexual sin. The plaintiffs, 10 former Baylor students who allege they were sexually assaulted, argue it is “telling and central” to their case that Garland “would conclude that these young women made themselves willing victims of sexual assault” and “would then immediately find relevance in ‘God’s wrath’ upon them in connection with their ‘sinful desires,’ ‘shameful lusts’ and ‘unnatural’ sexual relations,” the motion filed Wednesday states.