• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Bob Sugar

Will Baylor win a football game this year?
n29Pqd.gif

netty2424

No, that would be to wait until they are 0-7 to announce they are self-imposing a bowl ban
Exactly. Easy to implement a self imposed bowl ban when clearly you have no shot of actually making a bowl.

What a darning clown show that place is. It's very confusing to me how that institution has lasted so long with the pure incompetence at the top.

MinFrog

So Matt Tool announced he's switching to Zach Smith at QB.

Bold prediction: they're just going to bomb it every play and hope it works out.
With their OL, I doubt he makes it to the fourth quarter. If he wants to throw deep bombs, he will need a few seconds in the pocket, which he won't have with all the walk-ons and freshman they are rolling out there.

Wexahu

With their OL, I doubt he makes it to the fourth quarter. If he wants to throw deep bombs, he will need a few seconds in the pocket, which he won't have with all the walk-ons and freshman they are rolling out there.

Their fans act like they have this awesome group of WRs. They don't. Their wideouts are probably bottom third in the conference. A couple of them run fast but they aren't polished receivers at all. That team is below average at every position group.

f_399

There are some logical Baylor fans:
"Briles is not the Messiah. He was a false prophet. He brought us two years of joy. But also brought us many many years to come of soul-searching, payoffs, and worse. If even one of the young women who Baylor has paid a settlement had her life ruined by one of the young men that Briles brought in, isn't that enough? Those young women are your sisters in Christ. Where is your compassion for them?"

I feel for these fans who enjoyed football success but had no idea what was happening in the background.

Oh well, the actions of 1 man has ruined it for all, including honest fans.

Bob Sugar

Interesting exchange on their Briles thread.

"My honest opinion? I suspect things about the program were uncovered that had nothing to do with the Rape scandal. I suspect the PH investigation turned up stuff that we didn't want the NCAA to find. Things I would not be shocked to have been uncovered? Evidence of PE drugs, improper academic "assistance," improper benefits to recruits, etc. If that stuff existed, in addition to the media blowing the rape scandal out of proportion, I could see the NCAA dropping the hammer on Baylor. That would cost us our place in the B12. Perhaps that was some of the "for cause" reasoning that folks wanted to keep under wraps."

"You may be right about that." (from guy who claimed to be in the know about Briles' buyout earlier in the thread)

Then your typical CAB lover:
"BS BS BS.
Did not happen so it wasn't uncovered. This is the crap that needs to be stopped.
Do you really think that they uncovered this kind of stuff but kept the entire staff employed? Really."

Wexahu

Interesting exchange on their Briles thread.

"My honest opinion? I suspect things about the program were uncovered that had nothing to do with the Rape scandal. I suspect the PH investigation turned up stuff that we didn't want the NCAA to find. Things I would not be shocked to have been uncovered? Evidence of PE drugs, improper academic "assistance," improper benefits to recruits, etc. If that stuff existed, in addition to the media blowing the rape scandal out of proportion, I could see the NCAA dropping the hammer on Baylor. That would cost us our place in the B12. Perhaps that was some of the "for cause" reasoning that folks wanted to keep under wraps."

"You may be right about that." (from guy who claimed to be in the know about Briles' buyout earlier in the thread)

Then your typical CAB lover:
"BS BS BS.
Did not happen so it wasn't uncovered. This is the crap that needs to be stopped.
Do you really think that they uncovered this kind of stuff but kept the entire staff employed? Really."

This is what I think too. I think the rape accusations sort of got out of control in their sheer volume.........when lawyers smell blood and sense an opportunity that can happen. But there is no doubt in my mind that it was a dirty program. Really, really dirty. I had been hearing that from people who had no dog in the fight, people who had said eventually that whole deal was going to eventually come crashing down, because they pretty much didn't play by any rules. It was literally a do anything you have to for wins situation. I don't have any first hand knowledge of steroid use and I didn't follow Briles career much until he got to Houston, but based on the rumors of what went on at Stephenville, that wouldn't surprise me in the least either. The guy is total trash.