• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Mean Purple

Not sure what Rhule could have said to make some of you happy. He's not going to get up there and start ripping his own school.

They fired their President, Athletic Director, Head Coach, and their entire football coaching staff. At this point saying they haven't addressed their issues, or aren't addressing their issues is kind of dumb.
I think the point some are raising is the reality of how out of touch bu's talking point about a "higher education" problem in general is. I can't think of 5 other schools that had their President, Head Coach, and their entire football coaching staff, not to mention others in the administration, ad department and, it seems possible, some regents involved in an illicit cover up of mass rapes in the effort to keep football players on the field. Much less the entire higher education world.

BU's constant attempt to avoid coming clean about the cover up, that everyone now knows as public knowledge, by just referring to the issue of sexual assalt itselt, is an indication that things won't likely ever change at bu in regards to how they address an attack or victim in the post attack phase.

LSU Game Attendee

Not sure what Rhule could have said to make some of you happy. He's not going to get up there and start ripping his own school.

They fired their President, Athletic Director, Head Coach, and their entire football coaching staff. At this point saying they haven't addressed their issues, or aren't addressing their issues is kind of dumb.
Wrong!
http://www.baylor.edu/judicial_affairs/index.php?id=64164

http://www.baylor.edu/ofa/

And they only fired "their entire football coaching staff" after that staff demonstrated that it would lose most of its football games going forward.

Had Jim Grobe lit the world on fire last season, he would be in Frisco today, and the rapey CAB leftovers would still be lurking around the Brazos- I35 intersection with big contract extensions.

Mean Purple

I still think the NCAA penalizes them. Lack of institutional control will be the big one. Of course this is ironic since they were in control of the whole thing, cover up and all.
I've said this before and it seems to be worth repeating. Well, I'm going to repeat it anyway.

BU's cover up was, in part, to avoid disciplining players, so they could keep playing football. In doing so, they offered a benefit to the players that is not offered to other students. And, this part is important in how this differs from Penn State, they did so with active players in an effort to seek what is termed by the NCAA as competitive advantage.

Not to mention the other "benefits" players were getting there. If folks think truck boy left just to go to play for the Gus Bus, they're wrong.

Yes, lack of control, and some other items are still possible. The NCAA has an investigation going on. They are slow, but there is one good reason why they are slow when they look into issues.

Just ask North Carolina and Ole Miss, the hard reality is that the NCAA never really seems to close any investigation. It seems they reserve the right to come back for years.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I may have mentioned this before, but the kid on my son's t-ball team who was far and away the most aloof in the entire league belonged to parents sporting BU gear every Saturday. He's the only kid I saw run to the wrong base after a hit. Several time he hit the ball and ran to his mom to sit in her lap.

The dad would "help coach" but I just let him chase his son around and try to convince him to stop doing ballerina spins and plies on the darning baseball field. That way none of the other kids had to learn wrong stuff.

I have a feeling this guy is on some embarrassing Baylor line video somewhere.
That kid sounds like a real fruit.

MTfrog5

Wrong!

And they only fired "their entire football coaching staff" after that staff demonstrated that it would lose most of its football games going forward.

Had Jim Grobe lit the world on fire last season, he would be in Frisco today, and the rapey CAB leftovers would still be lurking around the Brazos- I35 intersection with big contract extensions.
So much this. Until those three, especially McCraw, are still employee then they haven't done [ Finebaum ] to fix their problem

Mean Purple

Wrong!

So true. They would not have fired Briles had Starr not out played them on the day they were bringing him before the Regents. In bu's defense, their pr machine has sucked for years. So Starr could have outworked them with the press using a trailered marquee sign.

Wexahu

So much this. Until those three, especially McCraw, are still employee then they haven't done [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] to fix their problem

So getting rid of the President, AD, Head Coach, and entire coaching staff didn't do [ Finebaum ]? It's really McCaw, Murdock and the Judicial Affairs people that REALLY needed to go? That's almost comical. So if they fire those three you'll finally be satisfied that they are addressing the problem?

If they'd had fired McCaw and Murdock a year ago and kept Briles, Starr, and McCaw they'd have never heard the end of it.

MTfrog5

So getting rid of the President, AD, Head Coach, and entire coaching staff didn't do [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]? It's really McCaw, Murdock and the Judicial Affairs people that REALLY needed to go? That's almost comical. So if they fire those three you'll finally be satisfied that they are addressing the problem?

If they'd had fired McCaw and Murdock a year ago and kept Briles, Starr, and McCaw they'd have never heard the end of it.
Did Briles or anyone else get everything they said in court thrown out because they were lying on the stand like she did? But sorry I forgot you're right. We are all wrong. So so sorry

Mean Purple

As predicted

So Baylor answer:

And darn:

Mr. Rhule,
Please list for us 10 other schools where the President, Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, AD, department staff, school administration leadership and, it may seem possible, other higher school leadership, particpated in an illicit cover up of multiple rapes committed by football players. Please tell us how they, after getting a independent review update, switched the firm to a hired attorney in attempt to hide behind attorney client priv so they would not have to come totally clean about the cover up.

Because it seems unlikely the uneprecendented cover up by baylor is a "higher education" issue as much as it is a baylor issue.

I realize even 10 schools is not even remotely enough to pin the entire education system. And I realize that most of your current coaches and staff were not involved in that horrible drama. But if you are going to let bu push you to using that tired and false old dodge of transforming the subject of the bigger problem, well, you have to expect folks to be upset.

Maybe just stick to the points of what you and your staff are doing to make sure the current and remaining players act in the appropriate manner.

Mean Purple

Rhule was just on the radio in OKC pontificating about how Baylor "didn't run from the trouble" but took it on and responded well. It's all ancient history now to hear this D-bag.
Uh...wow. I would not call covering it up, and waiting to do anything until investigative journalists had to fight like mad to get light on the story, an action of taking the issue head on.

Same with leaving a player on the field who was involved in one of the many assaults.

Rhule should just talk about what his staff is doing. Let the old bu folks answer for the other horribles that went down.

MTfrog5

Uh...wow. I would not call covering it up, and waiting to do anything until investigative journalists had to fight like mad to get light on the story, an action of taking the issue head on.

Same with leaving a player on the field who was involved in one of the many assaults.

Rhule should just talk about what his staff is doing. Let the old bu folks answer for the other horribles that went down.
I'd like to hear him talk about how he's going to bring defense to the Big 12. That was entertaining

Mean Purple

I may have mentioned this before, but the kid on my son's t-ball team who was far and away the most aloof in the entire league belonged to parents sporting BU gear every Saturday. He's the only kid I saw run to the wrong base after a hit. Several time he hit the ball and ran to his mom to sit in her lap.

The dad would "help coach" but I just let him chase his son around and try to convince him to stop doing ballerina spins and plies on the darning baseball field. That way none of the other kids had to learn wrong stuff.

I have a feeling this guy is on some embarrassing Baylor line video somewhere.
Isn't Plies a hip hop artist? Only reason I asked is, I had to look that word up. The rapper formerly known as someone with no talent came up.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

I'd like to hear him talk about how he's going to bring defense to the Big 12. That was entertaining
I always enjoy watching the folks from outside of the Big 12 harp on Big 12 defenses. That usually stops around bowl season when they have to play our offenses.

Big 12 conferense allowed the fewest points of all the conferences in post season play last season.

I think we were highly ranked for defensive points scored as well in that post season. So much for Big 12 not having defense.

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/...-bowl-season-oklahoma-state-tcu-wvu-ou-ksu-bu

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Isn't Plies a hip hop artist? Only reason I asked is, I had to look that word up. The wrapper formerly known as someone with no talent came up.

Because of funding 30+ combined years of dance lessons, dance team uniforms, trips, and attending innumerable recitals, performances, halftime shows, Nutcracker performances, etc., etc., I know what a plie is. If you have a daughter in dance, you will also.

Latest posts