• The KillerFrogs

BASEBALL: #2 TCU at #6 Texas Tech - Saturday Game Thread

Yea, I don't like making rules where officials have to guess intent.

Umpires have discretion on intent HBPs and slides to break up a double play. Why not this? How often does it happen? Not often. I believe it was a 2-1 count, which would have been 3-1.

What's interesting about that rule is that if the catcher is able to throw out the runner, the batter is not out for BI. Also, if the batter commits interference in the process of striking out the runner is also out and scored as BI.

Dogfrog

Umpires have discretion on intent HBPs and slides to break up a double play. Why not this? How often does it happen? Not often. I believe it was a 2-1 count, which would have been 3-1.

What's interesting about that rule is that if the catcher is able to throw out the runner, the batter is not out for BI. Also, if the batter commits interference in the process of striking out the runner is also out and scored as BI.

Understand your point but both of those examples have a safety /injury aspect to them too. Just hate to see stuff in sports like flops, etc, where guys practice their move to make it look unintentional or sucker officials.

Last edited:

ATC Frog

Anyone been able to find an update anywhere about the duration of this rain delay and whether or not it'll be back on ESPNU if/when they start it back up?

Brog

So we get softball while we wait? Bleh.

And notice that they keep flashing across the bottom, "TCU vs TEXAS in delay in Lubbock..." The Techsters will love that. At least they didn't say rain was falling in the Dallas area, causing delay....

Latest posts