• The KillerFrogs

AP: Upstart Iowa St. enters key stretch in contention in Big 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: Upstart Iowa St. enters key stretch in contention in Big 12

(AP) – It’s getting real in Ames.

Iowa State (5-2, 3-1) is off to its best start in 15 years and on Sunday entered The Associated Press poll for the first time since 2005, at No. 25. And this week the Cyclones play fourth-ranked TCU on homecoming for – get this – a share of first place in the Big 12.

Typically the Cyclones are playing out the string by late October. A 31-13 win at Texas Tech on Saturday offered more evidence that this isn’t the same team that had not won more than three games in a season since 2012 and had finished ninth or 10th in the 10-team Big 12 in four of the six years since the conference ended its division alignment.

Read more at http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...rs-key-stretch-in-contention-in-big-12-102217

VA Froggie

In 2010 no one had to get the team up for the next game. Dalton and company had unbelievable chemistry and were able to get ready on their on motivation. I think this team is the same way. All the phases are good, Hill is playing outstanding and they will get ready, period. This has been a really good team to watch. Go Frogs.

Obvious Troll

In 2010 no one had to get the team up for the next game. Dalton and company had unbelievable chemistry and were able to get ready on their on motivation. I think this team is the same way. All the phases are good, Hill is playing outstanding and they will get ready, period. This has been a really good team to watch. Go Frogs.

I remember that team well. Sprint Darter Catalon, Tank Carter, Gary Hughes, Jeremiah Kerley, Andrew Dalton, and Mike Freeze. What a team!

BABYFACE

Edit: SDST almost made the comeback.

Except SDST nearly ruined that Rose Bowl bid. The Aztecs were leading in the 4th Qtr with momentum.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

We were ahead like 40-14 in the 4th quarter of that game. They scored a flurry of points late to trim it to 40-35. The only time we trailed was 14-0 early in the game.

Damn, memory is getting faulty.

The question is: Do I cut back on the booze or drink more?

Edit: SDST almost made the comeback.

Except SDST nearly ruined that Rose Bowl bid. The Aztecs were leading in the 4th Qtr with momentum.
The Aztecs were up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. We reeled off something like 35 unanswered points, then they tried to comeback. It was the week after our demolishing of Utah.