• The KillerFrogs

AP: UCF handles Illinois, will meet TCU in NIT semifinals

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: UCF handles Illinois, will meet TCU in NIT semifinals

The Associated Press

ORLANDO, FLA. – B.J. Taylor scored 17 points, 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall had a double-double and Central Florida held on to defeat Illinois 68-58 on Wednesday night to advance to the final four of the NIT.

A.J. Davis and Matt Williams added 16 points apiece for the Knights (24-11), who play TCU in a semifinal game Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. Fall had 10 points and 10 rebounds.

UCF was the fourth seed in the bracket and Illinois (20-15) No. 2 but due to an arena conflict the Fighting Illini couldn’t host the game. The Knights took advantage with the first sellout crowd in 10,000-seat CFE Arena history to move within one win of tying for the most in school history.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article140244608.html#storylink=cpy

tcumaniac

Umm.

os-tacko-fall-pictures-005

Purp

I mentioned this in another thread, but I look forward to Vlad matching up against Fall. I don't think he'll be able to defend Vlad's mid-range and perimeter game very well and I think Vlad will have a quickness advantage if he catches farther out from the block. Vlad has a polished game and I don't think this guy can handle his versatility. It will be fun to watch.

CountryFrog

LMAO..... Florida is one of my least favorite places I've ever travelled to. Can't name one part of it I honestly like beyond maybe the panhandle.

Seriously? I love Florida. It's not my favorite place to visit but it's up there. Cocoa Beach is a great place to spend a few days, and not nearly as crowded as Daytona or Miami.

And those giant pink donuts at Universal Studios! Amazing! Sometimes I want to fly out to Orlando just to eat and drink at Universal Studios.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Yeah they have a really tall player. They are still a four-seed NIT team coming out of a fairly weak conference. We are also a four seed but coming out of one of the toughest conferences.